Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Solo Third Person Filming While on the Water

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by Pavel » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:36 pm

I love the Spit, and will be there as much as possible this year. The few times I sailed there, I was the only nonkiter on the water, and I felt like I was getting in the way, so I started going to Nexen instead.
Since my TOW is limited, I think learning proper technique from an instructor would be even more beneficial.
Pavel

by Alton » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:05 pm

Pavel wrote:I was the only nonkiter on the water, and I felt like I was getting in the way ...

Kiters have way more maneuverability (less inertia) than windsurfers ... so kiters are actually getting in your way.

It may not feel like it but the SWS staff (but not necessarily other kiters) gives priority to windsurfers ... you have every right to be there ... so take advantage of it
Alton

by windsnow40 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:46 am

Uh ... that is probably why they say :

*for outdoor tracking only ....

hilarious
windsnow40

by Ryan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:29 pm

If anyone wants tips I'm always willing to share what I know. Find me at the spit in summer. I'm there at least twice a week if it's windy. I sail an Orange 100l Skate and 5.2 Severne.

Can help with, Waterstarts, gybes, tacks, vulcans, spocks, flakas, chop hops,jumps, early planing, upwind and downwind 360, wave sailing etc.
Working on Shakas, (best attempt is 180 sliding backwards); backwinded moves (can get duck tacks), Grubby's (nowhere yet), ; still need spin loops like Adriens, but can Port forward off a wave.
Ryan

Previous

Return to General