Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Whidbey Island

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by lucas » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:58 am

Hi Michael, the locals I spoke to said there was a lot more sand then normal, the first pic was at around 7:30am just after low tide, lots of beach available till high tide. The current was only noticable near the shore when the tide came up. Was easy to get pushed towards the north of the beach as this was where the longest rides were to be had but the farther north you rode the stronger the current felt and harder to get back. Locals were heading far out and riding sets towards the south.
lucas

by Michael » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 am

lucas wrote:Hi Michael, the locals I spoke to said there was a lot more sand then normal, the first pic was at around 7:30am just after low tide, lots of beach available till high tide. The current was only noticable near the shore when the tide came up. Was easy to get pushed towards the north of the beach as this was where the longest rides were to be had but the farther north you rode the stronger the current felt and harder to get back. Locals were heading far out and riding sets towards the south.

Thanks for the info Lucas. The sandy beach looks nice. Almost every time I've been I've lost my gear in the waves and had it tumbled on the rocky shore. Windsurfing is challenging there on a big day and I usually leave with some sort of gear carnage. It looks like you had a great day though!
Michael

by bandito » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:13 pm

looks good tomorrow morning, id go if someone wanna share gaz n ride and know the place.....
bandito

Previous

Return to Weather Talk and OSR