Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Stolen Kite

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by Slappy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:41 am

My Flysurfer Viron Delux 6m kite was stolen. These kites are pretty rare so please let me know if you see one trying to be sold.

They also stole my full length orange LF foil mast + collar.
Last edited by Slappy on Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slappy

by bandito » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:49 am

where and how was it stolen???
sorry about your lost btw.
good luck.
bandito

by Slappy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:08 pm

Broken in to our garage, stole that and the bikes and some tools. Thankfully left all my other kites.
Slappy

by mjamero » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:00 pm

That blows man. :x My wsurf van was broken in to around this time last year and 2/3rds of my wsurf gear gone. Totally know the feeling. Contact Philippe at Airtime and let him know exactly what is stolen. Also North Shore Ski & Board. If someone is trying to flip your gear quickly there's really only Airtime and North Shore Ski and Board where they can flog it. Good luck. In the meantime for what remains, inventory everything (with photos if possible), make note of EVERY serial number if available. If it does not have a serial then engrave what can be engraved or write/label (with a permanent marker) your driver's license number on what can't. I have since replaced my windsurf gear and EVERYthing is recorded, engraved, or marked... and I mean EVERYTHING right down to my screwdriver!
mjamero

by Faceplant » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:57 am

Bummer dude. Hopefully it doesn't cost you too much out of pocket.
Hopefully the POS gets a good dose of karma. :evil:
Faceplant

by gabrielb » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:53 am

Interest rates in the US are going up, Canada will follow, mortgage rates are slowly going up (reverse of the last 20 years), people feel the pinch. Foodbank donations are at all time low. Expect more brake-ins, engrave your gear as much as you can, don't have any valuables in your car. Have a blanket (my multi tool) to cover any gear you have in your car when away.
Time to invest in security :shock:
gabrielb

by Faceplant » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:43 am

Had to invest in security cameras after having our vehicle stolen, bike stolen, wallet. Seems like the pricks always show up the one time you leave your vehicle open.
I agree things are getting worse. The engraving thing is a good idea. Another idea is to take a video of the contents in your garage. Walk around and video everything, it will help you chronicle what you have in case of a breakin or something worse like a fire.
You can upload a video to Youtube. and have it listed as private, so that you are the only one to access it if needed.
Faceplant

Return to General