Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Manzanita Trip

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by Faceplant » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:34 am

Just got back from a trip to Oregon. We drove to Seaside on Friday. Stayed at Rogers vacation rentals. Drove out on the beach Saturday and surfed. Nothing too exciting, but we had a great time. Beach break was ok. Apparently there are better spots in town. Great food at the Seaside brewing company. Headed to Nehelam State park for a few nights. It was great. Hooked up with 4 families out of the Island crew, and we patiently waited for our opportunity. Surfed, and Sup'd for a couple of days, then on 3rd day wind arrived. Mid twenties, over powered on 12M. Overhead swell, warm sand, cool water. Great way to finish off the trip.
I will definitely be making the trip down there again. Can't believe it's taken me this long to check it out.
Faceplant

by Slappy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:10 am

For surfing I like Short Sands in Ozwald West State Park and Ecola Creek in Cannon Beach.

For kitesurfing I like Fort Stevens a bit better than Manzo. Manzo has better wind but worse waves. I like the camping better at Nehalem in the beach dunes, the camping at Fort Stevens is typical woods camping.

If you have the time it's well worth going the extra distance to check out Cape Kiwanda too.
Slappy

by C36 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:02 am

8-) Glad it was such a great trip Lucas!
:D :D :D
C36

Return to General