Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

3rd Ave Friday

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by Mike » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:37 am

Great session on 9M & SB yesterday morning. Best wind & wave (waist high plus a little at times) was when the tide was lowest.

I thought this day was forecasted light (12M) but it exceeded my expectations. (and there was a forecast for wind Friday am)

I've been noticing some unforcasted (to my eye) wind in mornings at this location the last little while. That is, wind according to iwindsurf - not sure of actuals. These are probably 12M kite conditions, Would be nice to catch these during the warm season if they could be forecasted.
Mike

by Michael » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:06 am

Mike wrote:Great session on 9M & SB yesterday morning. Best wind & wave (waist high plus a little at times) was when the tide was lowest.

I thought this day was forecasted light (12M) but it exceeded my expectations. (and there was a forecast for wind Friday am)

I've been noticing some unforcasted (to my eye) wind in mornings at this location the last little while. That is, wind according to iwindsurf - not sure of actuals. These are probably 12M kite conditions, Would be nice to catch these during the warm season if they could be forecasted.

Hey Mike, great score, sorry I missed it. Yes there was wind out here a lot last week.
Michael

by Mike » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:01 pm

There the wind is again locally. That is, I think there's workable wind from looking at my computer. Light but with potential opportunities and not much of a forecast. Couldn't seem to get myself motivated to chase it today - hopefully someone did.
Mike

by Slappy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:48 pm

I was out at Iona today slogging around and the park ranger came wading out in to the water to tell me he was going to ticket me for "doing an activity that wasn't allowed". I asked him where it says that it's not allowed and he told me "well it doesn't say it *is* allowed anywhere".

Of course there were multiple dogs running through the tidal flats off lease all this time.

The wind was marginal so I packed up, but as I was walking in the winds came up.

Never got any tickets on my car.
Slappy

by Mike » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:14 am

Slappy wrote:The wind was marginal so I packed up, but as I was walking in the winds came up.

That's why I'm typically reluctant to chase light wind on a weak forecast. But, of course, you can't win if you don't play the game. Glad no ticket was added to the day.
Mike

Return to Weather Talk and OSR