Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Trident Sports *Windsurf Sale* + SWAP Meet

Windsurfing shop talk

by AdrienGrelon » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Hey guys,

This year Trident's warehouse sale will be collabing with Deep Cove Outdoors for the SUP side of things. I am considering doing a Windsurf specific sale at Trident, with potentially much more gear than last year, 2015-2017 new in box Starboards and Severne Sails, and demo boards at killer deals.

We could also pair up with Locarno and UBC Sailing to potentially do one big event, which would include a SWAP meet style. So the usual lot where the sale happens would be littered with new gear, used gear, and all the cheap windsurfers from miles around.

What do you guys think? Let me know below if this is something you would be interested in. Cheers.
AdrienGrelon

by LeopardSkin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:33 pm

Ahem:

LeopardSkin

by ezzylover » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:39 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:Hey guys,

This year Trident's warehouse sale will be collabing with Deep Cove Outdoors for the SUP side of things. I am considering doing a Windsurf specific sale at Trident, with potentially much more gear than last year, 2015-2017 new in box Starboards and Severne Sails, and demo boards at killer deals.

We could also pair up with Locarno and UBC Sailing to potentially do one big event, which would include a SWAP meet style. So the usual lot where the sale happens would be littered with new gear, used gear, and all the cheap windsurfers from miles around.

What do you guys think? Let me know below if this is something you would be interested in. Cheers.

All great ideas !
for the SUP yes
for the windsurfing gear I would stick with doing it at Trident , moving all this gear to UBC club might be something of a headache, especially if it seems it s gonna be all on you Adrien !
ezzylover

by grantmac » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:30 pm

Yes please!
grantmac

by C36 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:32 pm

I would shop both (WS + SUP) so the closer together, if on the same day, the better.
C36

by fuji » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:41 pm

It definitely makes sense to do a joint swap/sale, but an argument could certainly be made for doing things at UBC. Moving things could be a pain, but probably Trident has access to some large trucks well suited to driving the equipment around? It's also an established location for the swap: easier to get people to a place they're used to going to, and you automatically get a number of UBC/Locarno people showing up. If the members are not looking for gear, it's a good bet that the clubs are.

You probably know better than me where the windsurfers all live, and who is interested in which kind of gear. I would guess that you'll get more sales by pitching the swap closest to them.

I'm definitely interested though, wherever it is!
fuji

by Bryanl » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:51 pm

I vote yes - whatever works out
Bryanl

by AdrienGrelon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:35 pm

Thanks for the feedback so far!

On a few points:

This would most probably need to be held at the Trident parking lot in North Van. If we do it, we'll be looking at ~20+ windsurfing boards and 20+ sails from our end, so that would be impossible for me to get over to UBC (I wouldn't get budget to rent a box truck for the day).

Timing

The SUP sale is happening start of March. It would be convenient to have them both on the same day, but not sure it is realistic at this point. I would probably aim for end of April at this stage for the windsurf one.

I had a quick chat with Marcello (UBC) about it today and he seems keen. Any more ideas for now, please feel free to share, and I'll update as things formalize on my end.
AdrienGrelon

by ezzylover » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am

Hey Adrien

what about boom , mast and that kind of accessories ?
Also one year there was a bunch of SB hoodies, rash guards , hats etc...
any chance of some of that this year ?
ezzylover

by mjamero » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:01 pm

I've enjoyed the previous two Trident sales. It seems it would be logistically easier just to hold the sale at Trident as before wouldn't it?

In addition to some stellar deals on gear, hopefully there will be good deals on hoodies, T-Shirts, etc as Ezzylover mentioned. A couple years ago there was a lot of this. Last year not so much. I'd love to get my hands on some nice Starboard clothing (hoodies, T's. long sleeve, hats etc); any other branded schwag at a good deal. :D

Also, I'm looking for a freeride board for my wife. Something maybe like a demo (or new old stock) Carve 111-114 or similar. Anything maybe like that?
mjamero

Next

Return to Windsurfing