Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

LV for Christmas

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by Faceplant » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Any other WTF'rs heading to LV for Christmas? We leave on the 23rd back January 6th> Staying at the downwinder inn. Looking forward to Baja life for a couple of weeks! :shock:
Faceplant

by Faceplant » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:56 am

Had an awesome time in LV. Actually stayed in El Sargento at downwinder inn. Highly recommend this place. It's north of town, but at a spot where wind comes earlier, and is stronger.
Looking at the graphs leading up to our trip I was worried, but we were not disappointed. Small el norte greeted us and for first couple days. Most days it was 9m conditions for me (190 pounds). Shorty 2mm suit, awesome food, good vibes, full moon, fireworks, hot springs and 25 baby jellyfish stings :shock: .
Faceplant

by Faceplant » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:01 pm

Another year down in LA Ventana area.

17 days we saw 3 Significant El Norte's. Also, rained 3 times, with significant cloud cover which affected the thermal. Graphs were easily showing 5 to 10 kts less wind that what was happening on the water.
Cool temperatures. Hit the 50's one night. High 60's a few days. Water temperature was warm although many people wearing 5/4 full suits. I used 2mm shortie, and was fine once on the water. Cool a couple of days though.
Big Shout out to Downwinder Inn again. Great hosts, offered free use of vehicle, and shuttles for downwinders.
Saw some guys windsurfing. Not sure what you call it, but looked like they were going 40 mph. Pretty cool to see (formula gear?).
kited 11 days out of 17 9 days with 12meter, 2 with 9 meter.
Seeing the bay covered in white caps during the el norte was cool. Close to 30 kts that day.
Faceplant

Return to General