Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

SE Saturday

Weather talk and On Site Reports (604)800-2770

by tweegster » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:00 pm

WR has picked up again.

But I am tired from 3 hours lit lit lit on my 10M at Locus with Mark/Roxstock and James. C36 showed up near the end. Was all the glory of winter conditions minus the cold. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
tweegster

by Roxstock » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:07 pm

Great day at locust. Lit on my 9m, warm water and some nice waist high waves further up wind. The wind started later than expected, but when it did show up, boy did it show up. Could have been on a 7m.
Roxstock

by ShonanDB » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:15 pm

WR may be sailable now as it's SW and gusting to 20 at the BB airport which underreads on a SW. An OSR from someone there would be appreciated.
ShonanDB

by gabrielb » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:47 pm

Semiahmoo park, about 3km from WR on USA side says 16-24 knots as of right now SW

18 degrees.

It's been like that since 330pm, hole at 5pm

Sand head 23knots all SW
Last edited by gabrielb on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gabrielb

by ShonanDB » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Thanks GB
ShonanDB

by Roxstock » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:03 pm

23 knots SW at sand heads, maybe ferry terminal would be rideable.
Roxstock

by Chuck » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:04 pm

ShonanDB wrote:WR may be sailable now as it's SW and gusting to 20 at the BB airport which underreads on a SW. An OSR from someone there would be appreciated.

Just drove up from Bham and crossed the border and yep, it was windy. Seemed to be windier closer to the Blaine side of the Bay but Mud Bay was filled right in....I'm sure Crescent was/is sailable. Was tempted to check out 72 bad as it looked proper sideshore there and high tide, but a frosty pint was calling my name, esp after Locust delivered....

What Mark said, LIT AF on my 9m for the first 30 minutes then it settled down. Sorry Mark, didn't recognize you at first!! Glad you had a good session.

Was fun chasing M and C36 around/race and chase, tempting them with the powers of the Dark Side :D
Chuck

by gabrielb » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:17 pm

Here not far from YVR, very windy past 20 knots. Tide good for windsurf + kite as well

Just avoid rangers. Rig and go
gabrielb

by C36 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Roxstock wrote:Great day at locust. Lit on my 9m, warm water and some nice waist high waves further up wind. The wind started later than expected, but when it did show up, boy did it show up. Could have been on a 7m.

tweegster wrote:WR has picked up again.

But I am tired from 3 hours lit lit lit on my 10M at Locus with Mark/Roxstock and James. C36 showed up near the end. Was all the glory of winter conditions minus the cold. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Super warm for sure -sailed without boots and my new 5/4 was so warm I had to stop a few times and let some cool water in. :?

Chuck wrote:Just drove up from Bham and crossed the border and yep, it was windy. Seemed to be windier closer to the Blaine side of the Bay but Mud Bay was filled right in....I'm sure Crescent was/is sailable. Was tempted to check out 72 bad as it looked proper sideshore there and high tide, but a frosty pint was calling my name, esp after Locust delivered....

What Mark said, LIT AF on my 9m for the first 30 minutes then it settled down. Sorry Mark, didn't recognize you at first!! Glad you had a good session.

Was fun chasing M and C36 around/race and chase, tempting them with the powers of the Dark Side :D

Teamwork. Was encouraged to see NOAA was showing the path of the front headed directly for the south end of Van Isle. The Boundary Bay webcam, Boundary Bay airport reading and M`s OSR/report from Centennial had me driving south for Boundary Bay. Thankfully M called to warn me the wind had tanked just as I got south of the Fraser. I pulled over and saw the Locust graph gusting close to 40 - that's worth a look! Called M to give him a heads up. Arrived to find it looking pretty solid and more than 10 kites out (a lot in single digits). Rigged and got out there. Fun, well shaped small waves at first, then flattened near then end of the first stint. Was headed in when I saw M rigging on the beach. There was still wind so went out for the second half. Chuck joined in too on kite. Fun moments. WAY better than expected.

Pre-Session OSR

Gallery (better for mobile devices)
Slideshow
C36

by Alton » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:12 pm

Marginal up and down day at 3rd Ave. Timing was the key. 2 lucky kiters on 15m and 10m scored the early session. I (and many others) quickly joined them but only scored 0.5 hr of good wind on 12m+surfboard. Had a long walk back and just as I reached shore the wind returned. Yet another long walk back out for another 0.5 hrs of good wind.

Weeds were really bad. Twice hit patches of weed which yarded me off my surfboard - felt like hitting logs. Good turn out (over a dozen kiters) but much dissatisfaction.
Alton

PreviousNext

Return to Weather Talk and OSR