Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

O'Neill Replacement Wetsuit

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by Alton » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:33 am

Heather and Johnny - I thought you might find this useful.

O'Neill Canada / Oceaner Sporting Goods would not fix or replace my 1 year 3 month old Mutant wetsuit which was deteriorating at the left shoulder and cuffs - only 1 year warranty.

Fortunately, Windance and O'Neill USA inspected and replaced my defective 2012 Mutant with the options of the Mutant for free or the Pyrotech for an extra $56.

I chose the 2013 O'Neill Pyrotech F.U.Z.E. 5.5/4mm Hooded Wetsuit. Many thanks to Ginger at Windance for all her help.

... Combining the best materials and most advanced construction in the industry the Pyrotech will maintain your warmth, flexibility and keep you in the water longer. Using their top of the line neoprene, O'Neill built this suit with Technobutter neoprene and their exclusive Technobutter-Air Firewall Insulation. When it comes down to it, O'Neill has been in the water for over 60 years, you can trust they will give you what you need, and in this case, you get a lot more.

TechnoButter Neoprene: The most advanced super stretch neoprene available on the market. 20% lighter, 30% less water absorption with quick dry properties.

F.U.Z.E. Closure System: O'Neill's exclusive Front Upper Zip Entry offers a fresh alternative. Using the same floating zipper technology as our Z.E.N. Zip Closure, the F.U.Z.E Closure keeps your dry without restricting flexibility.

LSD: Lumbar Seamless Design

Features:

F.U.Z.E. Closure System (Chest Zip)
Single Fluid Seam Weld
Technobutt-Air Firewall Insulation
Technobutter Neoprene
Krypto Knee Pads
20% lighter
30% Less Water Absorption With Quick Dry Properties
Super Seal Cuffs
External Key Pocket
LSD - Lumbar Seamless Design
Plasma Wrist and Ankle Seals
Key Components

1X Fluid Seam Weld
Back Panel Ultraflex Firewall
TechnoButter Air Neoprene
Super Seal Cuffs
Alton

by Brad W » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:16 am

Alton did you try out your new suit today .You must've been styling how was it was it stretchy and warm and comfortable
Any trouble getting into it
Brad W

by Alton » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:40 pm

Brad W wrote:Alton did you try out your new suit today .You must've been styling how was it was it stretchy and warm and comfortable
Any trouble getting into it

Hey Brad - I was sporting my new wetsuit and new boom today. Can't believe how comfy and dry it was today. No more water logged calves, heavy inner linings and outer hooded vest over my retired Promotion wetsuit. Probably shed 5+ pounds with way more freedom of motion for a dialed in ride and early planing.
Alton

by Johnny » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:17 am

Thanks for the heads up Alton. Ginger is awesome. Don't know if I am really a fan of the top entry system. Although it means a warmer suit, it seems there's unavoidable stress to the opening which will cause it to tear over time.
Johnny

by Ryan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:04 am

Johnny, you don't know what you are missing. I was skeptical too. I don't think I'll use a dry suit again.
Ryan

Return to General