Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Kite Foiling question

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by drummermom » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:44 pm

Yes, I know, I said I’d never do it and yet here we are.
I have acquired a board with straps but I learned on a strapless board riding behind a boat. Very different animal. As a total newb to kite foiling is it easier to have one, two or no straps ?If one, I assume the forward strap would be best. As it is, the stance is quite wide for me and it doesn’t appear to have the option of closing the gap to accommodate my size. I’m hoping one or two of you will be content to throw your two cents into the conversation. Either way, wish me luck, lol, I’m going to need it.
drummermom

by imdmitry » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:50 pm

Strap
It's recommended to start with one bigger strap or half hook at front.
To do a waterstart you have to put a board on side. One strap will help, because you can put front leg and hold the board, while using both arms on bar for better control.
Strapless waterstart is different, you holding board with back hand, while doing a loop with the other. No back footstrap, will be easier to place back foot, where needed. And on a crash less chance to be injured.
Stance
Ideally front wing should be between your feet. After few session, too much front foot pressure: move foil back or strap more forward. Back foot heavy or no lift: move foil forward or strap back.

Have fun
imdmitry

by Francis » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:02 am

Attachments
IMG_3220.jpeg
IMG_3220.jpeg (5.57 MiB) Viewed 3726 times
Francis

by drummermom » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:36 am

Thanks guys. Most appreciated. Nice board Francis !
drummermom

Return to General