Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Welcome to Coronatown - Beaches Closed

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by mjamero » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:49 am

I just finished chatting with a Parks Board representative for clarification on the current situation at Jericho/Locarno. Here's the deal. The LOTS will likely be taped off with yellow tape. If you park there you will be fined for violating the bi-law. HOWEVER, street parking is OK. There is plenty of street parking all along NW Marine Drive. Windsurfing at Jericho/Locarno at this time is doable. Park along the street just west of the Jericho/Locarno lots. Also, the rep said the washrooms are open. I find that surprising. So, park along the street. Use social distancing while loading and rigging. Be safe. Be courteous. Enjoy your time social distancing on the water.
mjamero

by telus022420 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:10 pm

Thanks for you research. Parking will be a challenge when the weather warms up. Are the paid lots closed as well.
telus022420

by mjamero » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:54 am

telus022420 wrote:Thanks for you research. Parking will be a challenge when the weather warms up. Are the paid lots closed as well.

It is my understanding the paid lots are closed as well.

Street parking may be a challenge when it warms. However, at the same time I don't expect swarms of people at the beach for some time. If people start returning in large numbers it will be because they are permitted to. The Park board would likely reopen the lots to coincide with a return to some kind of normality.
mjamero

by adam2 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:58 am

Here's a fun one, a SUP police chase in Malibu:

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/offici ... ome-order/
adam2

by max.spock » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:59 pm

Windsurfing and Kiteboarding are two inherently risky sports that might put additional strain on the health system in the event you'd get hurt or require rescue. Please stay home.
max.spock

by Alton » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:15 pm

tgif.jpeg
tgif.jpeg (7.55 KiB) Viewed 8942 times

It is Friday ... isn't it?
Alton

by adam2 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:17 pm

I advise everyone not to look at the Jericho wind graph this afternoon. :shock:
adam2

by 8mdude » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:44 pm

At the time of writing this, access to Acadia beach, Ambleside beach is open. Not a bad turnout of windsurfers and kitesurfers. People are more cognizant of physical distancing.

BC Ferries has restricted travel to essential travel only.

The Spit has cops wandering around, by law officers stopping by and fisheries officers are on the alert too. They all just say hi to me. They don’t like people in groups though

So point is no one with legal authorities are saying you can’t be doing outdoors activity. For Christ sake you see more cyclists close to each other. You just have to observe physical distancing and if you can’t discipline yourself or you’re feeling fluish and sickish then stay home and play with yourself — don’t drag anyone into your miseries.
8mdude

Previous

Return to General