Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Coronavirus in OR and WA

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by 8mdude » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:54 am

This is just great. Travel thru Washington and Oregon is dicey with Coronavirus crap. And the Spit is shutting down. Who knows when?

It’s the end of my wacky adventures as Bart Simpson would put it.
8mdude

by ZeroR2 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:09 am

8mdude wrote:This is just great. Travel thru Washington and Oregon is dicey with Coronavirus crap. And the Spit is shutting down. Who knows when?

If you are concerned about the virus, you need to move away from Vancouver and surrounding areas. Have you been to YVR before the outbreak? The concentration of people in Vancouver is terrible. I wouldn't be concerned about WA or OR if you are healthy and not too old. Just because of the reported cases - doesn't tell the actual true infections.

I am going down to the Hood River & Portland on March 26,27 and am not concerned.
ZeroR2

by 8mdude » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:22 am

ZeroR2 wrote:
8mdude wrote:This is just great. Travel thru Washington and Oregon is dicey with Coronavirus crap. And the Spit is shutting down. Who knows when?

If you are concerned about the virus, you need to move away from Vancouver and surrounding areas. Have you been to YVR before the outbreak? The concentration of people in Vancouver is terrible. I wouldn't be concerned about WA or OR if you are healthy and not too old. Just because of the reported cases - doesn't tell the actual true infections.

I am going down to the Hood River & Portland on March 26,27 and am not concerned.

That’s my plan all along to stay in OR for 4 months. But then this. I suppose I’m healthy at least all my blood test point to optimal level and all organs/bones are in original states. Except for the cell tissues which get replaced over time. It’s the quarantine policy that any country Canada including that worries me. I wouldn’t want to be separated from my doggies if OR got worse and on my way back Canada decides to quarantine me.
Last edited by 8mdude on Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
8mdude

by ZeroR2 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:26 am

8mdude wrote:
ZeroR2 wrote:

That’s my plan all along to stay in OR for 4 months. But then this. I suppose I’m healthy at least all my blood test point to optimal level and all organs/bones are in original states. Except for the cell tissues which get replaced over time. It’s the quarantine policy that any country Canada including that worries me.

I think that you are much safer in OR for 4 months. I am assuming that your are windsurfing and not hanging around long term care facilities, downtown Portland and PDX. I wish I could go.
ZeroR2

by 8mdude » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:34 am

ZeroR2 wrote:I think that you are much safer in OR for 4 months. I am assuming that your are windsurfing and not hanging around long term care facilities, downtown Portland and PDX. I wish I could go.

Hell no I’m not going to the US for healthcare. I’m going to the windiest beaches.
8mdude

by ZeroR2 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:39 am

8mdude wrote:
ZeroR2 wrote:I think that you are much safer in OR for 4 months. I am assuming that your are windsurfing and not hanging around long term care facilities, downtown Portland and PDX. I wish I could go.

Hell no I’m not going to the US for healthcare. I’m going to the windiest beaches.

If the S*** hits the fan, safest place is windy beaches or northern Yukon/NWT. You pick.
ZeroR2

by 8mdude » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:01 pm

ZeroR2 wrote:
8mdude wrote:

If the S*** hits the fan, safest place is windy beaches or northern Yukon/NWT. You pick.

That’s true I got a backup sports: snowkiting
8mdude

by telus022420 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:13 pm

WHO site for covid-19 - real time country distribution.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/685d0ace521648f8a5beeeee1b9125cd
telus022420

by 8mdude » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:33 pm

Math question

What is the probability of getting Coronavirus vs bitten by a shark at OR coast

And more importantly the probability of getting quarantined at the US Canada border because of a minute suspicion of the virus

Maybe lower so not a big deal after all.
8mdude

by ZeroR2 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:55 pm

8mdude wrote:Math question

What is the probability of getting Coronavirus vs bitten by a shark at OR coast

And more importantly the probability of getting quarantined at the US Canada border because of a minute suspicion of the virus

Maybe lower so not a big deal after all.

Forget about sharks. Orca Whales are your concern. They kill just for the fun of it and might mistake you for a sea lion. There is a National Geographic segment (not that old) from Olympic National park and the the results are brutal. Here is some old footage (not Orca), but still impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWsN63PRCW8

This was the film about Olympic National Park - this is just a preview (Orca's missing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEMQdNYbBds

Just a little motivation to stay on your board.
ZeroR2

Next

Return to General