Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Stolen Windsurfing Gear - Please Help.

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by mjamero » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:03 pm

ezzylover wrote:I will check local ads daily for you , post also on BWD the more of us know the better.

Thanks Ezzylover. I appreciate the help. Just posted over at BWD as well.
mjamero

by mjamero » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Thanks for the support and tips everyone. Please keep your eyes open. Also be extra vigilant with your own gear and security.
mjamero

by tweegster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:50 pm

tweegster

by mjamero » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:21 am

tweegster wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AidAXgq9dWc

That would work. We're can we get one of these in Canada? :D
mjamero

by gabrielb » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:17 am

or the classic from the 80's
gabrielb

by Bryanl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:16 pm

I feel your pain.
All mine was stolen in '04.
I asked the Cop the attended if she had any idea where I might go to look for it & she said that it was likely already on it's way out of the Province.
I spent an entire Saturday looking for it at Pawn Shops, Sports Consignment Shops etc.
Had no luck - most told me that they weren't interested - too bulky & low demand.
Insurance Co paid me nearly enough to replace everything.
I still carry a copy of the Police Report. Cop said "If you should find your gear - just call the nearest Police Dept, Give them the number & let them deal with it.
That being said - I saw 2 of my boards on Craiglist 2 yrs ago - like 12 yrs later. Went to look & found out the owner had died & his relative couldn't store them any longer.
When I showed him the Police Report & my phone number on the bags he gave them to me.
No idea where the rest went.
Bryan
Bryanl

by mjamero » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:01 am

Here are some recent images of my stolen gear. Please look and remember.

The only photo not available is of the 5.0 Retro but, there is a photo of it in it's bag.

Last edited by mjamero on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjamero

by mjamero » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:05 am

Bryanl wrote:I feel your pain.
All mine was stolen in '04...
Bryan

Quite the story! Recovered 12 years later. Wow. I wonder how the gear eventually passed from the criminal hands that stole it to the honest world of a windsurfer. If only the gear could tell their story.
mjamero

by mjamero » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:10 pm

UPDATE

Some of the gear has been recovered while some remains outstanding.

Today the two Starboard Carve boards, board bags, and one sail (Sailworks 5.0 Retro) were recovered.

A HUGE and sincere thank you to Philippe at Airtime who played a big part in the recovery. I won't go into the details but, I will encourage everyone to support his establishment whenever possible.

Still outstanding are the two Sailworks Retros. 6.0 and 6.5. The sailbags are Blue/Silver and the sails themselves are Blue/Orange/White/Clear. Also outstanding are two Chinook two-bolt baseplates. They were originally attached to the boards but have been removed and are missing. Photos of outstanding gear are below for reference.

Thank you for your continued assistance to everyone! Really!

mjamero

by arg » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:45 am

Mark, that is good news. It would become awesome news if you recovered all the gear.

I can only imagine the sequence of events that lead to Airtime becoming involved (in an outstandingly good way), and I can only imagine the logic process of individuals involved. Lots of desperate individuals in our communities.
arg

PreviousNext

Return to General