Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Road Trip?

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by Faceplant » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:34 pm

I'm off for a week. Got all kinds of ideas running around in my little pea brain. Ferry Friday to the Island, check out windfest sat-sun, or skip wind fest go to Nimpkish and camp for 3 or 4 days.
Boat camp on Harrison Bear creek.
Gorge
Manzanita for 4 or 5 days.
Looks like an end to the hot dry weather. Might be a system by the end of the week which could shut things down for a bit.
Faceplant

by tweegster » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:50 pm

Weekend looks like a southerly push in the mix. Romantic weekend in Bellingham? I would also consider Whidbey, its beautiful, short drive and seems versatile for times when none of the thermal spots are going. Local kiters were very friendly too.
tweegster

by jking » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:23 am

Faceplant wrote:I'm off for a week. Got all kinds of ideas running around in my little pea brain. Ferry Friday to the Island, check out windfest sat-sun, or skip wind fest go to Nimpkish and camp for 3 or 4 days.
Boat camp on Harrison Bear creek.

Looks like an end to the hot dry weather. Might be a system by the end of the week which could shut things down for a bit.

...would the smoke on the island also affect the wind in Nimpkish? was thinking about heading over to the island this week as well..
jking

by Faceplant » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:50 am

I just saw news clip. CHeck out the pic. Looks like Harrison Lake is clear (for how long I don't know) including the valley up to lilloett Nitnhat lake is covered Southern Vancouver Island Covered.

I think Nimpkish would be ok, but if the wind changes, or things get worse who knows what can happen.

Gorge, and Oregon smoke free.
Attachments
Smkoey BC.PNG
Smkoey BC.PNG (748.43 KiB) Viewed 13080 times
Faceplant

by LeopardSkin » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:33 am

Faceplant wrote:
Gorge, and Oregon smoke free.

The Wall at Maryhill was on fire last week.
LeopardSkin

by Faceplant » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:39 am

Just looked at the forecast for Port Alberni. Looks like sun and clouds and lower temps this weekend and early next week. In a perfect world you want mini heat wave southern island. Doesn't look primo for Nimpkish.
Faceplant

by adam2 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:40 pm

I am down in HR and can confirm it is smoke-free, but it has been very hot. It's the first year in 25 or so that I have ridden in shorts and a T-shirt.
adam2

by Faceplant » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:37 pm

Hood River sounds enticing. My dog lost its rabies tag and to get a replacement, I have to drive to North Van. So, truck is semi loaded, gonna try for Harrison tomorrow PM, followed by Nicola for a few days. Throw in some fly fishing on the Thompson and we've got an adventure.
:)
Faceplant

Return to General