Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Travel Plans

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by Faceplant » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:47 am

Has anyone got any travel plans in early July?
I have a week I'd like to take off and chase wind. I have a few ideas in mind. If there was a group heading somewhere I'd might like to tag along. Safety in numbers :!:
I'd consider the island, Oregon coast, gorge, stay home and ride locally, camping on Harrison lake at bear creek I have boat I could bring for buddy system rescue safety system.
Attachments
IPhone November 2013 095.JPG
IPhone November 2013 095.JPG (2.31 MiB) Viewed 10016 times
Faceplant

by Alton » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:38 am

Faceplant wrote:Has anyone got any travel plans in early July?
I have a week I'd like to take off and chase wind. I have a few ideas in mind. If there was a group heading somewhere I'd might like to tag along. Safety in numbers :!:
I'd consider the island, Oregon coast, gorge, stay home and ride locally, camping on Harrison lake at bear creek I have boat I could bring for buddy system rescue safety system.

Might have July 19-25 free
Alton

by spinmaster3000 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Beauty sturgeon!!! I have no vacation time this summer, sadly...the odd long-weekend rip down to the gorge is about all I can muster. Would love to do the oregon coast one of these years....
spinmaster3000

by tweegster » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:36 pm

July 19-28ish family and friends are planning on Westport-Seaside-Manzinita trip. We may or may not tag along depending how this weekend + Monday trip to Westport works out. First time camping with the baby (6mo). I am sure it will all go well.

Saturday looks kiteable at the Jetty :D
tweegster

by Patrick » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:50 pm

Hopefully you make it to manzinita Jeff. We arrive on the 28th for five days and are going to do some kiting, surfing and family time between Fort Stevens and Manzinita. Looking for kiting partners!
Patrick

by Faceplant » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:04 pm

I'm thinking of heading to windfest. http://windfest.ca
Dependent on a couple of factors. Seems like a logical choice plus it lines up with my work schedule.
In the next couple of weeks I will check back to see if anyone would like to truck pool.
Peace
Faceplant

by tweegster » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:38 pm

First family camping trip was a blast! Warm & sunny all four days.

Surf session jetty, kite session jetty and evening kite session in front of the campground Saturday. Wind was fantastic 16g20+ from 11:30 until dark. Was lit to the moon on my 15m. Two windsurfers joined for the afternoon session, smiles all around.

Surf was little, but got clean waves Sunday and Monday. Felt good to be back on my short-board (and stole the wife's longboard for a bit). She got a nice glassy morning session in. We really should have brought the SUP's but they knock about 10knots off the cruising speed of the Delica. :lol:

All the kids played together well, and kept our 6mo old well entertained.

Happy belated fathers day.

:mrgreen:
tweegster

Return to General