Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Heatwave on Saturday

Off Topic Comments, Help, Tips and Trick

by Alton » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:51 pm

tweegster wrote:Early exit from work for Kiting in Squamish Friday 4-6 hours & pick up my lightwind board & drop off beer. :D

Congrats! How did you find your lost board?
Alton

by tweegster » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:13 pm

A buddy took some lessons with Aerial kiteboarding last weekend and they had found it. They rescue boards all the time (as all the schools do apparently). Woo hoo! (I didn't have my number on it, will do now.)
tweegster

by Alton » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:18 pm

tweegster wrote:A buddy took some lessons with Aerial kiteboarding last weekend and they had found it. They rescue boards all the time (as all the schools do apparently). Woo hoo! (I didn't have my number on it, will do now.)

Awesome. Aerial are great guys who help out everyone all the time.

I wrote on my boards "Reward for return" Email address and phone number.
Alton

by 8mdude » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:29 pm

amanlig wrote:
Jack1587 wrote:Board short session would be so cool! :D I'm free all weekend. I'm going for a total of 15 hours on the water this weekend :lol:

I'm aiming for 21 hours.

Friday - 7 hrs
Saturday - 7 hrs
Sunday - 7 hrs

Didn't reach my target. Only did ~18 hours TOW Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Oh well looking forward to Columbia River Gorge and Oregon Coast trip: July 1-12.
8mdude

by Chuck » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:43 pm

Alton wrote:
tweegster wrote:A buddy took some lessons with Aerial kiteboarding last weekend and they had found it. They rescue boards all the time (as all the schools do apparently). Woo hoo! (I didn't have my number on it, will do now.)

Awesome. Aerial are great guys who help out everyone all the time.

I wrote on my boards "Reward for return" Email address and phone number.

Any idea why Aerial isn't teaching from the Spit? I saw their bus there before the season started but haven't seen them represented the past few times I've been up. Anyone know?
Chuck

by morrison » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:18 am

Any idea why Aerial isn't teaching from the Spit?

Cost, location and SWS politics is what I've been told.
Being that the lessons in general are taught from a boat why would any school subject their students' vehicles to the spit road while also paying thousands to the SWS ?
Seems like a good business move.
morrison

Previous

Return to General