Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Fanatic warehouse closeouts

For sale, wanted and promotions

by Ryan » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:27 am

ZeroR2 wrote:Guys:

I might be getting a board, but as anyone knows the travel is.


PM sent, getting two boards.
Ryan
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:19 pm

by Michael » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:46 am

Ryan wrote:
ZeroR2 wrote:Guys:

I might be getting a board, but as anyone knows the travel is.


PM sent, getting two boards.

Nice!! I'm curious, what did you get?
Michael
 
Posts: 1954
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 pm

by ZeroR2 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:16 am

Make your reservations with Jesse. I am renting a cargo van from Enterprise and it is filling up. Just PM me for details.
ZeroR2
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:40 pm

by Ryan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:02 am

[/quote]
Nice!! I'm curious, what did you get?[/quote]

Hey Michael

92 Skate and 99 Skate, I need a backup 100l since I just cracked mine across the bottom. The 92 is for Jen.
Ryan
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:19 pm

by Michael » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:07 am

Ryan wrote:Hey Michael

92 Skate and 99 Skate, I need a backup 100l since I just cracked mine across the bottom. The 92 is for Jen.
Nice score, I tried the 2019 99L at Squamish last summer, super fun board. I'm thinking about getting one but can't decide on the 99L or 108L. Have you tired the 108 before, does it feel big? Any chance we'll be seeing you out at Centennial or are you going away again this winter?
Michael
 
Posts: 1954
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 pm

by Ryan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:03 pm

Michael wrote: Have you tired the 108 before, does it feel big? Any chance we'll be seeing you out at Centennial or are you going away again this winter?


I haven't tried the 108 but the 100 is more than big enough for me for our conditions.( Nitinat and Squamish). I'm 87 kg. I did sail a 106 JP freestyle in Bonaire once in around 16 to 20 knots which I liked very much for the conditions.
Here in Brazil, there are tiny guys who use 100l freestyle, so 108 may not be too big if you want something more early planing and forgiving.

We're in Maceio (the promised land) Camocim Brazil. There's no question if it will be windy. Rather 4.7 or 4.2. Nice kickers for learning jumps. Back next week.
Ryan
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:19 pm

by Michael » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:42 pm

Ryan wrote:
Michael wrote: Have you tired the 108 before, does it feel big? Any chance we'll be seeing you out at Centennial or are you going away again this winter?


I haven't tried the 108 but the 100 is more than big enough for me for our conditions.( Nitinat and Squamish). I'm 87 kg. I did sail a 106 JP freestyle in Bonaire once in around 16 to 20 knots which I liked very much for the conditions.
Here in Brazil, there are tiny guys who use 100l freestyle, so 108 may not be too big if you want something more early planing and forgiving.

We're in Maceio (the promised land) Camocim Brazil. There's no question if it will be windy. Rather 4.7 or 4.2. Nice kickers for learning jumps. Back next week.

Thanks for the info Ryan! Just did a search for Maceio, looks like a super fun spot!! Have fun, hope to see you guys out here sometime!
Michael
 
Posts: 1954
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 pm

by LeopardSkin » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:29 pm

Ryan wrote:...I haven't tried the 108 but the 100 is more than big enough for me for our conditions.( Nitinat and Squamish)...


Well, 2020 may be the last year we'll be able to sail in Squamish.
User avatar
LeopardSkin
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Vancouver

by grantmac » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:26 pm

At 88kg I really enjoy my 109 skate. I'm not freestyling yet, just free riding it as my biggest board. It does everything I wanted and I can uphaul it. Smoother riding than I expected.
grantmac
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:53 pm

by mjamero » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:46 pm

I'm on standby for the 2017 FA - WSB - Falcon Slalom TE 129L. I'll know after the weekend. This may be another one for your Van!
User avatar
mjamero
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Buy and Sell

cron