Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

FS: light wind windsurf boards

For sale, wanted and promotions

by morrison » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:31 am

Slappy wrote:33 lbs, good lord that is heavy. Does that include the sail?

Specifications:

Length12' 6"
Width26"
Volume 260 L
Weight 35 lb

These are for early 80's Mistral Superlight one of the greatest light wind ( as low as zero) boards ever.
The
Weight/Cost/Durabilty
ratio was perfect.
morrison

by grantmac » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:54 pm

What is she using now? Is the issue getting it to the water or sailing?
I could meet up at Whatcom lake (by Bellingham) for her to demo sometime.
The Superlight is a tough board to sail with that rounf almost Div2 bottom, but very quick subplaning. This lightning has concaves and sharp rails so it'll plane well enough with the mast back, rails better than my Equipe2 with the standard CB.

Of note I'm including a mechanical UJ to fit the track and decent CF fin. Forgot to mention that in the original post.
grantmac

by morrison » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:27 pm

grantmac wrote:What is she using now? Is the issue .....

The woman is 5' and a 105lbs , so it gets complicated..
We have been using an 11'6" bic windsup which I bought to replace a stolen SIC Recon sup .
I do all the rigging etc
and she is able to sail out and return after about 45 minutes of sailing over 3 lessons in light wind.
For us to sail together my next biggest board is an Isonic 122l which I have done but isnt much fun.( sub 10 knts) .
So I'm looking for a small and or light board she can grow into but that I'll sail to be on the water with her in the interim hence something inexpensive and temporary(mainly for me to sail with her) or cough up for real.

I think the 165 explorer (which I can sail in anything)will work for her as an all around board and if she grows into highwind I've got that covered with my existing quiver.
Apologies for being long winded but as I said it's complicated.
morrison

by grantmac » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Gear for spouses is tough, as is finding a fun way to be out in super light conditions.

I know an instructor who uses a longboard to tow students onto plane while they use a smaller rig than they'd need without the tow.

Conversely raceboards get going with very little power. One of the ladies I sail with is pretty small and uses a Kona, but those are tanks.
grantmac

Previous

Return to Buy and Sell