Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Cypress 2017/18

When it's absolutely too cold

by LeopardSkin » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Alton wrote:What did I miss today? I went kite surfing instead of snow surfing

At Cypress, I had a pulled-pork poutine. It was the best.
LeopardSkin

by drh » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:52 pm

I wasn't sure what to expect today as the snow stake cam only showed about 5 cm at 6:15 this morning. However, it turned out to be a great day on the fat skis. Had some nice turns on upper Jasey Jay but it got skied out quickly as it was open to the public today. The first run down Hutch was surprisingly good, then on the next run did Windjammer which for some reason was still officially closed. I noticed a couple of people had gone down Horizon which was all fenced off so I had to do the hike in. Had a couple of fabulous runs there - I stopped about 3/4 of the way down and stuck my pole in - about 25 cm of fresh snow - although you're riding on about 15 cm as it was a bit denser underneath. It was snowing all morning long and I skied to my car in the Lodge lot when I was finished. Took a fair while to clean the snow off my car. Full on winter! The forecast is calling for lots more snow today but the freezing level is also supposed to rise. Could be a crap shoot for tomorrow but maybe we'll get lucky and it won't warm up too much during the latter part of today. Talked to Don Armstrong and JM for the first time this year. Benito was the only other regular I saw today. I guess everyone else was on the water. :D
drh

by bandito » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:06 pm

powder fresh renew tracks deep and cristall fine 9 till 315 all over double blacks to blue, line up EASY and woods all go9od, bring your powder gear tomoroiw morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the powder is NOT STYCKY and fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its 23cm at 5pm on stake tracks got recovered 2 times!!!!!!!! insane!

A++ DAy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD EVERYWHERE!
bandito

by drh » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Had some pleasant turns this morning along with most of the regulars (including Alton, Clay, Rob, and Marc). There was a fair amount of new snow that fell yesterday afternoon and evening but it had apparently turned to rain at some point last night.

I had some fresh tracks on Hutch, but the powder was quite saturated and heavy - skiable but a bit of work. The groomed runs were relatively good considering it was likely raining while they working last night. Quite a bit of blue sky this morning until 10:45 when I left.
drh

by Alton » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:14 pm

Day 4 - Fun in the sun. All runs groomed but some nice stashes to be found everywhere - especially down Ashley McIver (10-15cm of untracked) snow. Too bad had to dart off to work after 1 hour.
Alton

by bandito » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:51 pm

too bad for late night rain heavier snow boyz n girlz. in Quebec for 10 days till im back, hopefully powder and sky open by in 2 Fridays away!!!

with Captain of Team Yellow Jerry back from mexico and Me , Pac Ben of Team Yellow Hardcore Unit (No Commanders, only Solo Anarchist Riders where we often ride where NOT suppose too) , it will be time to determine the 2nd Team Yellow Party dates( Maybe January as December is hard to get people to come wt all the office and family parties...
bandito

by Roxstock » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:11 pm

Sky chair opens tomorrow.
Roxstock

by drh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:21 pm

Another fabulous powder day at Cypress. It was snowing heavily when I arrived and continued until shortly after 11 AM. Around eight cm of new snow at the bottom of the hill but 15+ higher up. Very few people at the mountain this morning so there was still fresh tracks to be had when I left at 11:30. Did Upper Bowen, Bowen Face, Rainbow, Humpty Dumpty, T33 and Tomcat for the first time this season. All were great. Went over to Eagle around 11 AM and there was still lots of untracked powder but I packed it in after another three runs as the legs are not in mid season form yet. Rob and JS were the only regulars I saw this morning. :D
drh

by ezzylover » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Do you guys think Tomorrow Wed 29th is gonna be good ?
Someone wants to join me maybe ?
ezzylover

by ezzylover » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:53 am

Good snow , no viz , and rain .... back home already.
ezzylover

PreviousNext

Return to Skiing and Snowboarding