Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Cypress 2016/17

When it's absolutely too cold

by bandito » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:40 am

download/file.php?id=4831
That is how Team Yellow Members recognise each others! Listen to Frank Zappa album Apostrophe, specially first song he talk about yellow snow. Great album btw, there is a movie about the making of this album that EVEN MY MOM thought was ok, its that good and special.
bandito

by Alton » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:41 pm

Day 28 - Ho hum. Yet another great bluebird day skiing with Rob W, Clay and Jerry.

A couple of my favorite runs (Rainbow and Cascade/McIvor) were not groomed so decided to cruise around everywhere else.
Alton

by Brian C » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 pm

Mokka and I had a great Bluedbird Morning too. Shoreline was excellent, as was everything on Sky Chair. Top Gun, not so great: needs softer snow to enjoy, but at least it's officially open now, ready for the next powder dump.
Brian C

by bandito » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:46 pm

I TOUGHT it was opened since decembre lol no wonder the safety patrol people give me dirty looks.
bandito

by Alton » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:30 pm

Day 29 - Skied another bluebird day ... but maybe the last :cry:

Other slackers included Jerry, Doug, Bob and Benito
Alton

by Alton » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Day 30 - Awesome sunny day at Cypress. Excellent groomers everywhere with machine powder on Jasey Jay. Fun shedding it up with Rob W and Bob on skis. Rob F and LeopardSkin were snowboarding.

Later joined 8mdude in the Wind Jammer terrain park. Fun jumping the last 2 rollers on Wind Jammer so did it again entering with more speed ... next thing I know I'm lying down in first aid recovering from a concussion. WTF happened?

Thanks to 8mdude for watching over me and driving me home. Under the advise of LeopardSkin, I went to Lion's Gate ER as a precaution. The doctor cleared me for returning to Cypress on Monday. Phew!

P.S. I wonder if my bindings popped prematurely the second time I took the jump. Better get them checked out soon.

P.P.S. Friday the 13th and concussion ... coincidence?
Alton

by Alton » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Correction: Rob W reminds me that the rollers exiting Wind Jammer were 3 consecutive jumps. Woooo ...
Alton

by LeopardSkin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:55 pm

Alton wrote:Correction: Rob W reminds me that...

I bet there were a lot of fuzzy memories today!
LeopardSkin

by Alton » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:17 am

LeopardSkin wrote:I bet there were a lot of fuzzy memories today!

Fuzzy but all good. Last memory was hitting the first ramp but absolutely no recollection of wiping out.
Alton

by bandito » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:26 pm

whoa , maybe it was temporal alien abduction ! Cypress had reported a few strange cases of black out individuals in recent few years, always check behind hears for small incision, that's where the Aliens put mind control device, non metallic the size of a grain of sand, WATCH OUT for weird behaviors from this man ,he may now be one of THEM ;)
Alton wrote:Day 30 - Awesome sunny day at Cypress. Excellent groomers everywhere with machine powder on Jasey Jay. Fun shedding it up with Rob W and Bob on skis. Rob F and LeopardSkin were snowboarding.

Later joined 8mdude in the Wind Jammer terrain park. Fun jumping the last 2 rollers on Wind Jammer so did it again entering with more speed ... next thing I know I'm lying down in first aid recovering from a concussion. WTF happened?

Thanks to 8mdude for watching over me and driving me home. Under the advise of LeopardSkin, I went to Lion's Gate ER as a precaution. The doctor cleared me for returning to Cypress on Monday. Phew!

P.S. I wonder if my bindings popped prematurely the second time I took the jump. Better get them checked out soon.

P.P.S. Friday the 13th and concussion ... coincidence?

Nice to see Alton is in good shapes today, lucky ,no broken leg, good jump man, n don't give up.
bandito

PreviousNext

Return to Skiing and Snowboarding