Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Cypress 2016/17

When it's absolutely too cold

by C36 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:52 pm

bandito wrote:whoa , maybe it was temporal alien abduction ! Cypress had reported a few strange cases of black out individuals in recent few years, always check behind hears for small incision, that's where the Aliens put mind control device, non metallic the size of a grain of sand, WATCH OUT for weird behaviors from this man ,he may now be one of THEM ;)

Do you mean what most people would consider weird (check out Alton's WTF avatar pic) or weird for Alton? :D ;)

Alton wrote:Day 30 - Awesome sunny day at Cypress. Excellent groomers everywhere with machine powder on Jasey Jay. Fun shedding it up with Rob W and Bob on skis. Rob F and LeopardSkin were snowboarding.

Later joined 8mdude in the Wind Jammer terrain park. Fun jumping the last 2 rollers on Wind Jammer so did it again entering with more speed ... next thing I know I'm lying down in first aid recovering from a concussion. WTF happened?

Thanks to 8mdude for watching over me and driving me home. Under the advise of LeopardSkin, I went to Lion's Gate ER as a precaution. The doctor cleared me for returning to Cypress on Monday. Phew!

P.S. I wonder if my bindings popped prematurely the second time I took the jump. Better get them checked out soon.

P.P.S. Friday the 13th and concussion ... coincidence?

bandito wrote:Nice to see Alton is in good shapes today, lucky ,no broken leg, good jump man, n don't give up.

Sorry to read this - hope the mind is clear and no lingering issues. Do you wear a helmet on the hill (pretty sure you do, but a bang to the chin can give you one too)?
C36

by Alton » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:02 pm

C36 wrote:Sorry to read this - hope the mind is clear and no lingering issues. Do you wear a helmet on the hill (pretty sure you do, but a bang to the chin can give you one too)?

No lingering issues (eg. headaches, vomitting, memory loss) after the concussion so the doctor at Lion's Gate ER said I'm all clear to resume skiing/snowboarding.
Alton

by Alton » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:54 am

Cypress Mountain wrote:we even have 5 cm of fresh snow on the upper mountain. The forecast shows possible snowfall continuing throughout the day

Hmmm ... raining at the base. is it worth today?
Alton

by Brian C » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:09 am

5 cementimeters up top and rain at the bottom?! I think I will wait for it to dry and cool a bit more!
Brian C

by Alton » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:21 am

Day 31 - Snowboarding in 5 to 10 cm of fresh HEAVY snow. Lots of sweet turns on untracked snow but feeling sorry for the skiers.

Scored first chair and first tracks on Jasey Jay but fog was so thick I took a few tumbles and almost got lost. Moved over to Horizon for 5 more runs of fresh tracks - only slightly better visibility but pretty bad at times. Horizon is all tracked out now so I'm calling it quits while I'm still ahead - avoiding a second concussion riding blind.
Alton

by bandito » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:34 pm

thanks for snow report, going for n afternoon session in the trees.
bandito

by bandito » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:05 pm

Brrrrr,my wet gloves getting cold.rode2til430, grooms are shit, went out an in bound in woods, not bad ,,heavy wet. Some gullies are now running water next to top gun. Rocks boulders are showing here n there. Rain base n wet snow up.Bandito chair still on stand by,may open round 7pm . not worth it tonight for bumpy grooms.imglad I cover myself wt q garbage bag, bring one tomorrow morning. Even waxed, snow was sticky 1/3 up.wax n buff for tomorrow, !
bandito

by Alton » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:10 am

Cypress Mountain wrote:12cm of fresh snow on the upper mountain since yesterday morning

Raven should have good snowboarding conditions this morning
Alton

by Jerry » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:35 am

Yes , westview mcdonald's eta 0730 :D
Jerry

by Alton » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:19 am

Looking crusty so I'll be skiing instead
Alton

PreviousNext

Return to Skiing and Snowboarding