Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

This weekend at Jordan River / Sombrio

When there's absolutely no wind

by Jaybrown » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:27 pm

Hey guys,

Is anyone headed to JR or Sombrio / Port Renny this weekend? The forecast has good potential .... WSW though...not an ideal direction but HUGE size forecasted so it should go off. Very long wave period too. It should be juicy out there! I know I know it's going to be windy this weekend but I feel like SUPsurfing this weekend and camping on the beach! I'll be there in my camper with my dog if anyone is coming out!

Post up if you'll be heading over!
Jaybrown

by Ryancr500 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:12 am

Sounds Fun!..
Ryancr500

by gabrielb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:18 am

thanks for the update.

My mind is set for PR this weekend because I have not surfed for a while and I may last 2 hours per day in the water until I get more in surf mode/shape.

PR...
weekend.JPG
weekend.JPG (13.07 KiB) Viewed 5808 times

I am so used to wind, chaotic conditions that when see glassy surf I am not challenged/on.

Cloudy, rainy, windy, good swell and 5 degrees is what I prefer these days, there is none around but i got used to it. PR is delivering a quick break with a long ride, energy that keeps building on the wave as it's breaking, different wave that gives me room to try things with a shortboard.

yoga is working now, legs, full body stretch ready for 2016!
more in stealth mode this year as I can't post as much this year.

Hope Sombrio and Port R. deliver as from pictures/videos they look as great spots when it's on.

Please notice Juan da Fuca strait is SE for the weekend:
JdF.JPG
JdF.JPG (34.65 KiB) Viewed 5784 times

which may work against the pacific ocean swell.
gabrielb

Return to SUP and Surfing