Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Monday - Locust?

Kitesurfing shop talk

by Mike » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:03 pm

Thoughts on Locust Monday? Anyone considering? Maybe 3rd again if you believe BWD. JSWP Tuesday is interesting but for me there's a bit of a work conflict - I'm missing the full on windsurfing.
Mike

by Alton » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:11 pm

Mike wrote:Thoughts on Locust Monday? Anyone considering? Maybe 3rd again if you believe BWD. JSWP Tuesday is interesting but for me there's a bit of a work conflict - I'm missing the full on windsurfing.

NWWind is looking good but I usually wait for TJs, TJs Zoom and Bellingham TAF update later this evening.

Not sure if I can make it to Locust Monday because I'm trying to free up Tuesday but some of the usually suspects for Monday at Locust are Jerry, Clay and Lorne.

Did you get out at 3rd Ave today?
Alton

by Mike » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:32 pm

Thanks for the weather links, I'll keep an eye out. Not 100% sure I'd go but like to think about the possibilities.

3rd was really good today with a big turn out. Little issue getting going. Got caught in the Centennial direction when wind shifted from east to south east but that was ok other than the walking. Tried some sliding transitions - close on a few but not yet. Sometimes sat down and surprised when my butt was on sand (shallow). Went to Centennial after thinking about some windsurf action but was too sketchy for that.
Mike

by Alton » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Mike wrote:Thanks for the weather links, I'll keep an eye out. Not 100% sure I'd go but like to think about the possibilities.

3rd was really good today with a big turn out. Little issue getting going. Got caught in the Centennial direction when wind shifted from east to south east but that was ok other than the walking. Tried some sliding transitions - close on a few but not yet. Sometimes sat down and surprised when my butt was on sand (shallow). Went to Centennial after thinking about some windsurf action but was too sketchy for that.

Awesome!!! Sliding transitions are way easier than vulcans - you'll get there in no time.

Definitely try to keep Monday open because these low tide session are PERFECT for new kiters (like Chuck's buddy today) and they don't come everyday.
Alton

by Alton » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:16 pm

TJs and TJs Zoom are looking good Tue morning and afternoon. Afternoon works better for me so if the Locust sensor is SE 20 or better I'll be there. Fingers crossed.
Alton

by Alton » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:53 pm

Bellingham TAF looking good for Monday afternoon!!!

TAF Forecasted Mar 29 10:30 pm
Sun 11pm S 6
Mon 11am SSE 12g18
Mon 3pm SSE 12g18
Mon 8pm SE 14g22
Alton

by Mike » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:49 am

It's a go. Likely go to at minimum check the spot out, unless something appears locally...
Mike

by Alton » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:55 am

Mike wrote:It's a go. Likely go to at minimum check the spot out, unless something appears locally...

I'm waiting for the Locust sensor to start climbing. I'll let you know when I pull the trigger. Fingers crossed.
Alton

Return to Kiteboarding