Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Double Rainbow

Kitesurfing shop talk

by Faceplant » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:20 pm

Scored my first kite session in the waves today. It was friggen awesome! It was almost kitable this mornings SE 12 to 15 maybe more. I decided to wait for the NW 30-40 forcasted to come in early evening. It delivered. We had 90 minutes of 12M (15-20), but by the end it was more like 20-25+ but we ran out of daylight. South chestermans meant side offshore with set waves solid head high with some rogue sets hitting the 8 foot mark. Lost my board at least 4 times where I had to body drag back in. I think I'll invest in a leash. My buddy has been in plenty of surf but said today was a little on the gnarly side and as big as he has ever kited. I felt proud to be able to put my strapless skills to the test. I spent a lot of time this summer learning to jibe. Today it all came together. The hardest part was going over the white water on the way out.
Sorry, no photos. The wife had our boy out and was watchng but she left her phone at the cabin. Would've been awesome pictures as there were 2 rainbows.
Oh well. Next time!
Faceplant

by Alton » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:44 pm

South chestermans / Tofino sounds amazing. Glad your surfing and kiting skills are coming together. Looks like I've got a lot to learn on my surfboard to catch up to you.
Alton

by Michael » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:50 pm

That's funny I was watching the Chestermans webcam today thinking I've got to get out there. The waves looked really nice. Did you check out the SUP competition at North Chestermans? Congratulations, nothing like playing in the waves!

http://surfcam.ca/surf-cams/south-chestermans/
Michael

by Faceplant » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:34 pm

SUP competition was really cool. My buddy was competing in the pro catagory. Yesterday was on the small side (5-7feet) but with the strong wind overnight the big sets this morning were 10 feet. Amazing skill those guys have to be able to paddle through the whitewater.
Faceplant

Return to Kiteboarding