Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Awesome locust day

Kitesurfing shop talk

by decman_r » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:49 pm

Wife and I had a couple of hours lit on 10 m kites this morning in Bellingham. As we left around 1:00 the wind was still blowing. :D
decman_r

by Faceplant » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Questions. How long a drive once past the border? Also, I've been checking the Ikitesurf app for forecasts but the wind seems light according to the sensors. Is it a thermal wind like squamish, and you can always expect good wind if it is warm and sunny?
I work 5 minutes from the border, so I've been thinking of checking it out after work.
Faceplant

by Alton » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Faceplant wrote:Questions. How long a drive once past the border? Also, I've been checking the Ikitesurf app for forecasts but the wind seems light according to the sensors. Is it a thermal wind like squamish, and you can always expect good wind if it is warm and sunny?
I work 5 minutes from the border, so I've been thinking of checking it out after work.

Hey Lucas - Locust Beach is mainly frontal best on SSE to SSW. It's only 20 minutes after crossing the border. Most people use the wind graph at http://bellinghamkiteboarding.com/Belli ... /Wind.html instead of iKitesurf. The "Bellingham" link has been added to the "Weather Tools" section under "Wind Sensors".

Alton

by Michael » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:47 pm

How's the wind surfing there? Didn't you windsurf there before? Today looked like it would have been a good day.
Michael

by Laura » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:21 pm

I love kiting at locust, and it would be some great windsurfing too, but a tough walk and climb down to the water with windsurfing gear.
Laura

Return to Kiteboarding