Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Friday Boundary Bay

Kitesurfing shop talk

by drummermom » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:13 am

One lone kiter out. 17-19 ese 8 degrees and dry. Tempting.
drummermom

by drummermom » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:24 pm

Wind has picked up. Now there’s one lone winger. Hmm
drummermom

by Alton » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:13 pm

Crap ... I'm still in Toronto :cry:

Boundary_Bay_Fri_Dec_9.gif
Boundary_Bay_Fri_Dec_9.gif (20.18 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
Alton

by Michael » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:33 pm

Alton wrote:Crap ... I'm still in Toronto :cry:

Was better than expected! Surprisingly nice waves for the first few hours, then the wind switch East and they faded fast. It's been a while since I've winged but that was one of the best wing session this fall. First part was really frustrating though. Pulled a rookie move walking the board out to deeper water. I had the wing drifting behind me, a big gust came, leash tightened and yanked my hand right into my face! Nothing like punching yourself in the mouth to start your session. Then I really struggled to get going, floundered all over the place trying to water start. I hope none of the dog walkers on the beach could hear me. Finally got going and breached right away. More floundering and swearing my head off. Made one reach and jibed on the inside, board went one direction and my body the other, however my left leg got stuck in the straps, 5m winter boots! That's not fun when your board keeps flying and you hit the water, foot still in the straps! That was it for the straps, came in, pulled them off and shimmed my stab. After that things were much better, hands warmed up and I caught some nice wave rides. Got one really long right, wing flagged out, riding toeside, that was fun! Then a nice backside ride linking up 3 sections. I think if I hadn't of gotten those 2 rides that might have been my last wing session of the winter, but now I'm hooked again!
Michael

Return to Kiteboarding