Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Wind warning!

Kitesurfing shop talk

by Faceplant » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:41 am

Not sure what this means for the spit, but the mix of sun and cloud in today's forecast has my hopes up. Just as long as the preggo wife can hold out. Actually not even sure why I'm worries about it, she's not due for 5 days.
Faceplant

by Alton » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:07 am

Faceplant wrote:Not sure what this means for the spit, but the mix of sun and cloud in today's forecast has my hopes up. Just as long as the preggo wife can hold out. Actually not even sure why I'm worries about it, she's not due for 5 days.

Lucas - I wouldn't pull the trigger until the satellite image clears over Squamish and to the north. Missing your first born's birthday is something your wife can hold over you for the rest of your life ... so make sure it's worth it!

Alton

by Alton » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:03 am

Lucas - Looks like it's clearing nicely over Squamish and starting to switch early. Get to Squamish quickly before your wife pops out your first born.
Alton

by Faceplant » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:14 am

LOL! Giddy up!
Faceplant

by Faceplant » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:30 am

Cabrinha switchblades and drifters for demo today. Ocean rodeo is here too. Not sure what kites they brought. Skies are mostly clear. Should be fun.
Faceplant

by Alton » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:57 pm

Looks like I got shafted spending the day with my wife and daughter.

Lucas - hope you're enjoying your last days of being childless.

wind_graph.php.gif
wind_graph.php.gif (19.27 KiB) Viewed 17089 times

CGIProxy.fcgi.jpeg
CGIProxy.fcgi.jpeg (206.53 KiB) Viewed 17088 times
Alton

by AdrienGrelon » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Alton wrote:Missing your first born's birthday is something your wife can hold over you for the rest of your life ... so make sure it's worth it!

Getting marriage/parenting advice from Alton, now that's something!

Alton wrote:Looks like I got shafted

That makes two of us...
AdrienGrelon

by LeopardSkin » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:25 pm

Was 20 to 25 super steady. Filled in everywhere. Choppy in some places.
LeopardSkin

by Alton » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:47 pm

AdrienGrelon wrote:Getting marriage/parenting advice from Alton, now that's something!

Marriage advice - the key to marriage is setting low expectations (eg. f-up dinner and laundry then you're good to go)

Parenting - don't lose your child (especially your first-born), otherwise your wife will be really pissed
Alton

by Faceplant » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:10 pm

It was a good day! Wow. My abs are still torn from all the airs I was boosting last Sunday. I thought with a week of recovery I'd be OK. I launched one small air first thing today, and felt the abs kinda pop. Didn't attempt another all day. Guess I need to strengthen up the core.
A little gusty at times, but all and all a stellar day.
My phone went missing, at the end of the day. I was worried that either someone took it (which I can hardly imagine at the spit) or I accidentally put the phone in an identical kite bag as mine. I searched all over for it. Turns out one of the pockets in my kite bag has a extra little corner that sucked my phone in, and I couldn't find it till I got home and used the wives phone to call it. Glad it turned up. :)
Life will change. That's for sure. :o
Faceplant

Return to Kiteboarding