Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Stolen Foils in White Rock

Kitesurfing shop talk

by Alton » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:09 pm

This morning Jeff (tweegster) told me about a recent theft (in White Rock east beach) of a foil board (for kiting) by a inconspicuous couple dressed in black walking a dog.

As I was changing out of my wetsuit in White Rock, I talked to a kiter in panic running around the parking lot (reservation parking) looking for his stolen foil board.

This is outrageous. If you're in White Rock, PLEASE question non-kiters you don't recognize carrying foil boards.
Alton

by tweegster » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:08 pm

Oh no!
The one stolen yesterday is half green and half blue. Very distinct, Pierre's I heard. As I was leaving yesterday a couple in their 40's walked across the tracks and onto the grass dressed in black walking a dog. I smiled and they did not make eye contact. This matches the description I heard last night of the suspects that were spotted with a board down by the WAG. :evil:

I had the morning shift today, rode the 10m and foil. Was very up and down and shifty, sometimes lit (at one point briefly switched to TT) and other times struggling to keep the kite in the air. SW to ESE wind.

But the waves were fun and the sunshine was nice, 2+ hrs TOW.

:geek:
tweegster

by bandito » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:01 pm

well, questioning people walking wt gears is no an easy proposition , especially wt virus 2m and possible physical confrontation as everyone have higher fight and flight triggering ... But its worth the try if you think you have the courage and believe its a thief.
Damn, i left my extra gear often at the beach (kites/board), and it sure be very costly to replace. I guess i been extremely lucky with that in mexico, white rock, black spit, spanish bank, but i have to stop been trustworthy at the beaches.
i often feel incomfortable to tell viewers how much gear cost for that possible reason when travelling, i mean, a kite or board is like a big bag of money left unattended.
I really hope the gear get returned. My buddy got is kites stollen from is van in vancouver and rcmp actually recovered the gear after the person try to resale the gears, hope it happen again.
Can the person display pics of stolen gears so we can possibly help if it show up at the beach or on sale?
This is a very sad affair, i sure would be devastated .
bandito

by bandito » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:38 pm

just remembered, Yearrrrrs ago i left my twin tip against a log at 3rd. I went to do something and when i was back, it was gone!!!!! i figure it was stolen. my email was on it.

Many year after, i got an email asking if it was my board! i got it back!!!
The Story : A house owner in Tsawwassen pick it up, didnt email me,(as%ho%%), put it in is garage. YEArs after, is ex son in law, cleaning is stuff out of the garage , noticed the board and kindly give it back to me!

Was strange to get it back in same conditions so close were it was "taken" by the old fart ha ah.
bandito

by mjamero » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:13 pm

EVERY piece of windsurfing gear I own (if it does not already have a serial) is engraved with my DL number. Uj's, extensions, base plates, fins... you name it. My sails have my DL stickered in two places and also written in permanent marker inside the luff opening and on the sail bags. Everything is recorded on an excel spreadsheet with serials/DL number, make, model, description, size, year etc. This is all since my WS van was broken in to in 2017 and 2/3 of my gear stolen.
mjamero

Return to Kiteboarding