Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

SE CB Tues

Kitesurfing shop talk

by Mike » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Scored the second shift. First half lightly powered 5.3, second half more solid with wind kicking up better waves.

Not alot of consistency in the forecasts so was hard to pull the trigger earlier as juggling work and trying to pick the right time. Nice to see a few regulars that were around for the "second shift."
Mike

by LeopardSkin » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Yep. Got there at 11:45. Rigged a 5.5 just as it started getting windy. Quickly rerigged 4.7. Nice smoooooth chest to waist high swell. Warm. Let's do it again tomorrow morning!
LeopardSkin

by max.spock » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:54 pm

Car ready for dawn patrol
max.spock

by Michael » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:31 pm

8mdude wrote:Another epic day (25-30 knots SE) at CB (at the Island) today and this time got to be more confident riding the swells/waves after some orientation yesterday.

Hope you have an epic day too at CB (at the Mainland) .

Glad you scored again today AJ! Centennial was super fun too, some really nice smooth waves, a few good jumps and nice rides. Great turn out, the fall season has finally started!!
Michael

by 8mdude » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:54 pm

Michael wrote:
8mdude wrote:Another epic day (25-30 knots SE) at CB (at the Island) today and this time got to be more confident riding the swells/waves after some orientation yesterday.

Hope you have an epic day too at CB (at the Mainland) .

Glad you scored again today AJ! Centennial was super fun too, some really nice smooth waves, a few good jumps and nice rides. Great turn out, the fall season has finally started!!

Glad you guys had a good session at CB mainland. I see now why you like CB island . The swells are awesome when you're riding them. From the beach they don't look tall but I guess it's all perspectives. My 2 week stay this month has come to an end . I miss the comfort of home on solid footing. But will be back by Nov Remembrance day. Got to stay at Ucluelet for few days too. Very interesting town to consider living in.
8mdude

by ShonanDB » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:53 pm

Arrived around 10:30 am and it looked a little light. Rigged 5.3 and took out the 101L FSW and slogged for the first 20 minutes and then it started to fill in. Well powered for the next 45 mins but then it stepped up so went in for a break and tweaked the sail a bit and headed back out. Perfect for the last 45 mins. Nice waist to chest high waves out at the second bank. A few good jumps on the way out but focused on playing in the waves linking a few turns when things worked out. Used the new Bodyglove wetsuit and was toasty warm. Finished up around 1:00 and was feeling tired. Great welcome back session after spending 6 weeks in Japan.
ShonanDB

Previous

Return to Kiteboarding