Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Boundary Bay Thu Apr 3

Kitesurfing shop talk

by Alton » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:24 pm

Clay, Rob, Cam and Jerry - Hate to rub it in but I will. After you guys left at 4pm it ramped up perfectly for 11m conditions.

Richi - thanks for talking me out of going to White Rock

Awesome noob session on the water with fully depowered 11m kite. SSE 12-20 from 4:30pm-7:30pm with a couple of lulls. Got rides both ways (strong side and weak side). Even started edging the board upwind on my strong side.

Only downside was struggling to land an inverted kite which kept looping with power even when released. Lesson learned - never allow any slack lines in a diving kite which can eventually invert.

Kite sessions were scored by Cash, Andrew, Lucas and a couple of more kiters.

Windsurfing sessions were scored by Richi, Richard, Dave/C36 and Michael.

Boundary_Bay_Thu_Apr_3.gif
Boundary_Bay_Thu_Apr_3.gif (24.85 KiB) Viewed 5314 times
Alton

by Michael » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Hey Alton, glad you got out, did you sail by me today? That was a fun session. I sailed at Point Roberts for a while until that lull around 5:30 then got sick of sailing alone and joined the crew at the boat launch. Picked back up just as I arrived and there was plenty of water at the boat launch by then, I didn't have to walk at all. Had a blast with Dave, Richi and Richard. Centennial was so much more fun than Point Roberts! Got a few nice jumps in today, nice playful waves.
Michael

by C36 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:09 am

Click here to view a few pix from CNL on Thursday evening (Apr 3). Enjoy! :D

Fun little after work sunset session! Yes there were rays of sunshine and sunset colour in the sky! :shock: Wierd WINDter! :roll:
C36

Return to Kiteboarding