Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Liquid Force MaxFlow Valve Pop?

Kitesurfing shop talk

by Slappy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:28 am

Was having a nice afternoon at Squamish today when I messed up a transition and tomahawked my kite in to the water, not too hard or anything. When I got it back in the air it quickly deflated in to a jellyfish and I had to rescue. It was a Solo and the centre strut held.

I got the back to the Spit and pumped it up and it seemed fine, held air for 15 minutes at 9 PSI. Couldn't hear any leaks.

I had to fully deflate the kite during rescue so I didn't get a chance to check the valve. I don't screw on my outer valve very tight though and it was still attached when I was packing up in the water. The old school valve didn't pop either.

So I'm not sure how the kite so rapidly lost pressure, I'm thinking the tomahawk forced the inner flap through the hole and the air leaked out through the loosely screwed on outer cap. Trouble is I don't think it could lose pressure that fast.

I wiggled the one-pump hose a bit because some of my old kite have cracked one-pump hoses or valves that hold air at a certain angle but will leak if you bend it. Didn't hear any leak.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Slappy

by Alton » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Looks like you'll need to whip out the spray bottle with diluted dish washing detergent to find the nasty leak.

Best of luck. Hope this doesn't turn into a major project.
Alton

Return to Kiteboarding