Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Stolen gear

Kitesurfing shop talk

by Liviu » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:03 am

My van was broken into, they stole my 13m Slingshot Key, 10m Bull kite, older model Litewave Wing board and Resolve element split board (made in the Czech republic). The thief called me (I have my cell number and email address on the boards and kites), said that he bought it this morning for 600 dollars in order to resell it for a quick profit but I can have the gear back for 600 dollars if we meet in Surrey in a location of his choice. The same night they broke into a house and into another car, all on my block. I live in Burnaby close to Metrotown.
I'm offering a reward for information leading to getting my gear back.
Liviu

by Jaybrown » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:57 am

Man that sucks! I had the exact same thing happen with a cell phone which I foolishly left on my front seat of my van. I called it and the thief answered it and told me he'd sell it back to me. I met him on hastings and main with a few buds and got the phone back then refused to pay him for it. He made a big scene and claimed I was ripping him off! Bastards. I'm not supporting these bums.

Call the police, let them know the situation and that you are planning on meeting the thief. It's VERY unlikely they will help you. Then confront them with some buds and reclaim your goods. This is a typical theft ring.
Jaybrown

by Jaybrown » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:02 am

At least if you tell the police it is on record and they have somewhat of an obligation to serve and "protect". Sorry this has happened.
Jaybrown

by Michael » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:26 am

Liviu wrote:My van was broken int,
Hey Liviu, really sorry to hear about this. It's an awful feeling getting broken into and having your stuff stolen. :twisted: That must have been a real slap in the face when they contacted you. Hope you called the police and that you get it back.
Jaybrown wrote:Man that sucks! I had the exact same thing happen with a cell phone
Nice one Jay, glad you got it back.
Michael

by Liviu » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:08 pm

Thanks a lot for your support guys! I'll post any updates, I'm working on it, I'm hoping to get my gear back.
Liviu

by ezzylover » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:42 pm

any news on getting your gear back ?
ezzylover

by Liviu » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:55 am

The RCMP has it, they arrested the guys. It will be returned to me soon. I'm not entirely sure everything was recovered, I have not seen the recovered gear yet.
Liviu

by ezzylover » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Cool ! , hopefully everything is there.
ezzylover

Return to Kiteboarding