Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Lost Kiteboard Sunday

Kitesurfing shop talk

by Alton » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi Ben - did you see the following post at http://kiteboardbc.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11732

Young wrote:I talked with a few guys @ 1st beach westend who found an LF twintip (looked new part clear paintjob showing woodcore but no name or address) washed up this afternoon. He wouldn't give me his phone number. Said he was going to post it on Craigslist. I said somebody lost it and is looking for it so I suggested he post here. I hope they do the right thing but not much else I could do; they weren't about to hand it over.
Alton

by LeopardSkin » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:24 pm

I wonder what the law says.

If you lose any item, and someone find it, and If you could prove that it's yours (store receipt with serial number, for example), are you entitled to yank it from the finder's hands?

If I forgot where I parked my car, for example, and some random guy finds it, I betcha I could legally drive it off the finder's driveway without any problems.
LeopardSkin

by tweegster » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:30 pm

Yup, at this point call the police non-emerg and report it stolen. Then if/when it resurfaces you will have your ass covered when you don't offer a reward.
tweegster

by tbeld » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:53 am

Unfortunately already has been reported to Police - they would not get involved. Hopefully this posting will help curb anyone from buying stolen goods from this Scum - I was there with wooze yesterday.
tbeld

by Young » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Ben
sorry to hear you didn't get your board back. Let's hope our kiting community is tight enough that nobody else will buy the board from him and he will contact you again. I know, not all that likely. I guess my first impressions of those dudes being scumbags was correct.
Young

Return to Kiteboarding