Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Wetsuits

Kitesurfing shop talk

by gabrielb » Fri May 08, 2015 7:43 am

Go www.whiskeymilitia.com private stash.
Got my xl for 230 us, 6/4, etc.
Send it to mailbox PR.
Check every couple of weeks when surf,wetsuit, are being sold. Great site for inexpensive gear when it happens.
gabrielb

by jtorva » Fri May 08, 2015 3:09 pm

I have three different wetsuits that i bounce between.

Winter suit.

Xcel 5-4 Hooded Drylock wetsuit. I believe this suit was replaced with the TDC X2 hooded suit.

Top entry, extremely warm, very flexible, a bit pricey mind you. Probably one of the better suits on the market.

Early Fall, Spring Suit.

O'neil mutant, 5-4 with interchangeable hood and non hood top. This suit is pretty warm and the warranty is great. This is probably the most versatile suit on the market because of the interchangeable top. Price point isn't too bad.

Summer suit, Hood River and Squamish in late July/August.

Promotions 5-4 Windsurf series

Inexpensive well crafted wetsuits. Not nearly as warm as the surf suits that i have. No hood option and i find i get cold water leaking in at the back of my neck. Strictly a summer suit.

Hope this helps you out.

Jordan
Jordan
jtorva

by jtorva » Fri May 08, 2015 4:00 pm

Also would like to mention that i would never cheap out on a wetsuit as it is your number one means of survival out in the ocean, especially in the winter. One of the most important things with a suit is the fit. I don't necessarily buy a suit because i like the brand. I will try different brands to see which suit fits best for me. You can't go wrong with a rip curl, o'neil or xcel suit. They all make great products.

Jordan
Jordan
jtorva

by LeopardSkin » Fri May 08, 2015 4:41 pm

Hey Jordan!

What happened to your hazmat suit?

LeopardSkin

by jtorva » Mon May 11, 2015 7:59 am

What happened to your hazmat suit?

Don't worry Tony, i still have it for those really cold winter days. Love that suit, keeps me toasty warm in the freezing cold.
Jordan
jtorva

Previous

Return to Kiteboarding