Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Kiteboarding honeymoon

Kitesurfing shop talk

by Roxstock » Tue May 05, 2015 8:45 pm

I'm looking for places to go on my honeymoon in the spring next year and I want to go somewhere that I can kite. The missus doesn't kite and is happy to sit on the beach sunbathing all day. We would prefer all inclusive but it's not a must. Any suggestions?
Roxstock

by gabrielb » Tue May 05, 2015 8:56 pm

never been, but google "kauai island hawaii" , known as the garden island of hawaii.
there is kitesurfing; a honeymoon she'll remember.
August 25-September 20th best flight/hotel prices. Westjet flies there.
gabrielb

by tweegster » Tue May 05, 2015 9:05 pm

tweegster

by Alton » Tue May 05, 2015 9:32 pm

tweegster wrote:http://www.booking.com/hotel/ca/squamish-budget-inn.html

Very posh ...

This motel offers rooms with flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi and modern bedding. The inn is within a 5-minute walk of the shopping and dining of Squamish.

A seating area is standard in all rooms at the Squamish Budget Inn. The rooms also have cable TV.

Guests at the Squamish Budget can use the barbecue facilities or get a snack from the vending machine. The motel also has a 24-hour front desk.
Alton

by spinmaster3000 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:04 am

Now with a 24 hour front desk and a vending machine!!!! Hold the phone, is the vending machine also 24 hours?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could also check out the British Virgin Islands. The "bivvies" are good enough for Sir Richard! My buddies actually got to kite with him when they were there.

Otherwise, I like the Kauai idea!

Alton wrote:

Very posh ...

This motel offers rooms with flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi and modern bedding. The inn is within a 5-minute walk of the shopping and dining of Squamish.

A seating area is standard in all rooms at the Squamish Budget Inn. The rooms also have cable TV.

Guests at the Squamish Budget can use the barbecue facilities or get a snack from the vending machine. The motel also has a 24-hour front desk.
spinmaster3000

by spinmaster3000 » Wed May 06, 2015 12:05 am

Seating area come standard with all rooms...the luxury!!

Alton wrote:

Very posh ...

spinmaster3000

by morrison » Wed May 06, 2015 6:32 am

the Squamish Budget Inn is a good choice for when the "honeymoon" is over.

Ask the wife where she wants to go? then find the best fit for wind?
morrison

by Alton » Wed May 06, 2015 6:34 am

morrison wrote:the Squamish Budget Inn is a good choice for when the "honeymoon" is over.

:lol:
Alton

by Brad R » Wed May 06, 2015 6:48 am

Just a little piece of marital advice; Your honeymoon is just about the only trip in your marriage where you should probably forget about kiting and instead focous on spending time with your wife. If she says "it's fine"... its not fine lol. Making your honeymoon a pseudo kite trip would be one mistake you will hear about for years to come. My wife and I do the Oregon coast for almost a month every summer and I sail and surf the whole time, there will be plenty of chances to kite but I'd stay checked in on your honeymoon man.

Just my take; have fun regardless and congrats on getting hitched.
Brad R

by C36 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:03 am

Here is a list that includes some of the more obvious destinations (not resort specific).

Then there is this or maybe this.
C36

Next

Return to Kiteboarding