Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Maui Day 5

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:42 pm

Should have gone to Hookipa with Nanmoo but being with the family can mess things up. : ) Got to Uppers and things looked good, some small waves outside and it was filled in, but by the time I launched the wind started to die. Still got in some nice rides and saw a bunch of Rays which at first I thought were a bunch of sharks feeding on chunks of whale! That seems to be what everyone is talking about at the beach these days.
Michael

by Alton » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:12 am

Maybe it's good you avoided Hookipa ...

nanmoo on BWD wrote:More of the same. First batch of loops at Ho'okipa, really hard to plane out of the inside AND find a ramp AND have some space between the crowd to jump, but when it was on it was good. Did some body damage on the reef today too which was exciting. Crashing gybes on the outside whilst bleeding... No thanks!
Alton

by LeopardSkin » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:41 am

Everybody's doing their photo shoots & videos for the 2016 gear on Maui. I wonder what's new for next year? Michael can be our spy.
LeopardSkin

by Michael » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:44 am

Alton wrote:Maybe it's good you avoided Hookipa ...

nanmoo on BWD wrote:More of the same. First batch of loops at Ho'okipa, really hard to plane out of the inside AND find a ramp AND have some space between the crowd to jump, but when it was on it was good. Did some body damage on the reef today too which was exciting. Crashing gybes on the outside whilst bleeding... No thanks!

I saw that, been struggling with the idea of sailing out there. No waves anywhere else but I feel like I've got no business being out there. :(

LeopardSkin wrote:Everybody's doing their photo shoots & videos for the 2016 gear on Maui. I wonder what's new for next year? Michael can be our spy.

I saw some of the new Starboard boards at Sprecks and they looked cool. I should have got a few pics. Also saw Robby Naish at Kanaha the other day just as I arrived. I though if he was there things were going to be good but not so much. He was probably there doing a shoot for his wind SUPs. :D
Michael

by C36 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:02 pm

Michael wrote:Should have gone to Hookipa with Nanmoo but being with the family can mess things up. : ) Got to Uppers and things looked good, some small waves outside and it was filled in, but by the time I launched the wind started to die. Still got in some nice rides and saw a bunch of Rays which at first I thought were a bunch of sharks feeding on chunks of whale! That seems to be what everyone is talking about at the beach these days.

Alton wrote:Maybe it's good you avoided Hookipa...

Michael wrote:I saw that, been struggling with the idea of sailing out there. No waves anywhere else but I feel like I've got no business being out there. :(

Don't give me that crap - You were give'n it on the big opening day at Cape Sebastian last year! :twisted: :D ;)

Some cool shots here of Nanmoo in action. :D
C36

Return to Windsurfing