Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

White Rock / Centennial

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:26 pm

Double session today. Sailed WR until just before 3. Was feeling frustrated with the wind conditions, although I got some great jumps there today with the wind direction you could really hit the ramps straight on while heading out but the wind was really up and down, so checked the sensor at Boundary Bay. De-rigged in a frenzy, thanks Dave for grabbing my board, and drove to Centennial. Got there at 3:40 and re-rigged in a frenzy again. Went out on the 5.2/ Roberts and a little ways out realized I was way over powered. Stuck it out for 40 minutes of full on sailing. The waves were small on the inside but the wind was way too much outside so I just stayed in closer to shore. Also it was getting dark and I could hardly see with the pelting rain. The waves were small but nice and clean though, well spaced and made for nice gybes on the inside, out bound was nice for jumping as the wind was blowing a little south. A few great moments at WR but BB might have been a better call, actually Point Roberts would have rocked looking at the Tsawwassen wind graph for the day.
Michael

by Alton » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:32 pm

You bugger ...

wind_graph.gif
Boundary Bay Nov 15
wind_graph.gif (22.59 KiB) Viewed 6498 times
Alton

by LeopardSkin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:45 pm

OK Alton. How about a review of the AYCE fish and chips at the sandpiper pub?
LeopardSkin

by Alton » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:52 pm

LeopardSkin wrote:OK Alton. How about a review of the AYCE fish and chips at the sandpiper pub?

No sandpipers. Antisocial today. Rushing off to party.
Alton

Return to Windsurfing