Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Boundary Bay today.

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:48 pm

I did it again! Scored an epic hour of winging this morning followed by an epic hour and a half long swim. Finally some SSE wind and the wind down south at Saturna brought some nice swell but things didn't turn out like I'd planned. Was so stoked I chased the waves a little too far out into the bay and turned around just as the wind tanked. I was quite far past the mile marker but was convinced the wind was coming back. No such luck! Made it back to the beach to be greeted by a bunch of Boundary Bay residents that had been keeping an eye on me. Was fun while it lasted!
Michael

by Mike » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:12 pm

Nice score (on the wind part). I noticed the Saturna wind too but shrugged it off. Seems one has to gamble a bit these days if you're going to catch any wind!
Mike

by LeopardSkin » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:24 pm

Michael wrote:an epic hour and a half long swim... Made it back to the beach to be greeted by a bunch of Boundary Bay residents that had been keeping an eye on me.

They're probably jealous you did the new year day polar bear swim a couple of days before they could.
LeopardSkin

by Michael » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:48 am

Mike wrote:Seems one has to gamble a bit these days if you're going to catch any wind!
For sure, it's really hard to figure things out these days. Seems like the forecasts are all over the place as well. I thought the wind would last all afternoon and was not expecting it to shut down so quick. Still can't believe I ended up doing that long of a swim again though. :oops:
Michael

Return to Windsurfing