Ferry Terminal Today

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:38 pm

Terminal is sunny and sailable!! 16g17 SSW
Michael

by Alton » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:28 pm

Michael wrote:Terminal is sunny and sailable!! 16g17 SSW

Many thanks for the wind alert.

Scored a fantastic 8m+surfboard in SW 20-25 with Michael and 4 other wingers. I was the lonesome kiter with clean knee high waves all to myself. One of my better sessions at the Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal under warm sunny sky.

I had an unfortunate incident self landing my kite. After unhooking from my tethered kite my tether snapped and my kite and bar with lines flew up into the sky towards the highway then got snagged in 15 ft torny bushes. I called the Delta fire department and they came and rescued my kite, bar and lines without any damage. Lucky for me, Chrissy who is also a kiter performed the entire operation while all four of her male colleagues assisted ... many, many, many thanks to the Delta fire department and especially to Chrissy.

Lesson learned - do not use bungie cord for a tether. Use marine grade rope instead.

Tsawwassen_Ferry_Terminal_Thu_Nov_2.jpg
Tsawwassen_Ferry_Terminal_Thu_Nov_2.jpg (59.54 KiB) Viewed 4655 times
Alton

by Michael » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:09 pm

Alton wrote:Many thanks for the wind alert.
No problem, glad you made it out! Sunny and windy, what more could you ask for! Maybe a few less weeds but it was still super fun. No booties yet but the water was cold! Back in the straps and landed my first jump. Sorry to hear about your kite but glad it was rescued!
Michael

Return to Windsurfing