pre-shuv-it exercise

Windsurfing shop talk

by Mike » Sun May 25, 2014 7:07 am

Mike

by LeopardSkin » Sun May 25, 2014 8:26 am

then shuv-it vulcans!
LeopardSkin

by Michael » Sun May 25, 2014 8:46 am

Hey Mike, nice find. Wyatt went through this with us down in San Carlos. Too advanced for me but I got a lot of great tips from Tyson and him. If you ever get a chance I suggest taking a clinic with them. They really put a lot of thought into all their moves and seem to have figured out little tricks on how to make them easier to pull off. They have obviously spent thousands of hours on the water working this stuff out since they were kids and are super keen on passing their knowledge on. I think Wyatt does freestyle clinics at the Gorge in the summer. You would probably get much more out of it than I did as a lot of stuff was too advanced for me. However they gave me some tips that really improved my sailing. :D
Michael

by Mike » Sun May 25, 2014 10:35 am

Good suggestion Michael. Interesting timing as I haven't really thought of lessons but just yesterday after chatting at the swap I'm thinking of scoping out a wave lesson.
Mike

by Michael » Sun May 25, 2014 11:05 am

In the words of Guy Cribb...... "Life's to short not to take lessons"
When you get to Maui take a lesson from Matt Pritchard. Take a few days to get used to the break at Kanaha then go out with Matt. I regret not taking a lesson from him last time I was there. I realized how much I was doing wrong when I went to San Carlos. I can't wait to get back out to some waves and try the things out that I learnt from them. It makes a big difference having someone who knows the break and is out there sailing along with you, calling out instructions as you go. :D For freestyle though you can't beat Wyatt and Tyson!
Michael

by AdrienGrelon » Sun May 25, 2014 3:01 pm

LeopardSkin wrote:then shuv-it vulcans!

Shove its into Vulcans or Spocks are definitely some of the best looking freestyle moves/combos.

http://www.continentseven.com/2014/02/0 ... der-eyken/

Definitely on my "to land" list, once I crack port-side Vulcans.
AdrienGrelon

by LeopardSkin » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:02 pm

Hey Joe.

This is what you're talking about, right?

LeopardSkin

Return to Windsurfing