Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Ferry Terminal today

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:22 pm

Anyone at the ferry terminal? It might be enough for foiling, I'm going to check it out soon.
Michael

by Mike » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Michael wrote:Anyone at the ferry terminal? It might be enough for foiling, I'm going to check it out soon.

I saw your mention of this yesterday. I was watching for an earlier start. Unfortantely I have an early afternoon commitment so can't make it. I'd like to try foiling out here as I think there could be lots of days it works when there's nothing else.

Harrison is the other option but its further and on the stong wind days there the gustiness would make it a challenge for foiling. Presently iwindsurf has it at 23g32 (lull @ 11) and warm temp. I discovered last summer that iwindsurf tends to under report now. Also, at this time of year it's solo sailing on offshore winds as the locals seem to be fair weather folks.
Mike

by shmish » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:56 pm

Loading up and heading to ferry terminal now....
shmish

by Michael » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:29 pm

Mike wrote:I'd like to try foiling out here as I think there could be lots of days it works when there's nothing else.

I got one reach of good wind. Started out glad I was on the 4.3, lit, then half way across the bay I hit a stick and though my foil had come off. Had a nice crash but the foil was all good. Got back up and kept going, first jibe was good but after that the wind came down and it was slow for a reach then foil for a reach and slog back. Did that for a while then I couldn't get going at all so packed it in. If the wind had lasted it would have been fun. I forgot how big the swell gets there on a SW. Even today with the light wind there were some nice waves. Much closer together than Centennial though but still fun while it lasted. I was packing up just as Doug arrived, sorry Doug but tomorrow could be good!
Michael

by Mike » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:33 pm

Hopefully more steady wind for foiling there in the future. Forecast today was a bit suspect. Harrison was gusting mid 30s with a couple of times on upper 40s! Now that would have been a problematic foil session. :P
Mike

Return to Windsurfing