Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Recommendations for Board - starting to windsurf FOIL

Windsurfing shop talk

by JonathanP » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:59 pm

I've been using the infinity 76 foil with either the 122l starboard Adam sold me for wind foiling or a 50l slingshot skywalker for wing surfing. The 122l worked to learn wing foil, but way less fun for winging than the 50l. I'm 160lbs. I'd recommend starting with the board you've got and then picking out an awesome wing or windfoil board or even hybrid board once you get the feel for the foil and what will suit you best down the line
JonathanP

by Richi » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:24 pm

Hey Jonathon and Adam, you guys are both windfoiling and winging, and I believe you are both on the slingshot foil. Im wondering if you are using the longer windfoil fuselage for winging, and how does it work? Or have you bought the shorter fuselage? From what I've read the shorter one really helps with pumping the foil, any feedback on this? thanks guys!
Richi

by adam2 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:51 pm

Hi Richi

I am using the long fuselage for windfoiling and winging. I have a short fuselage leftover from kiting, but have never felt the need to try it yet. I am trying to keep my setup simple so I can quickly jump from windfoiling to winging in the same session when the wind picks up. The long fuse can be pumped okay, but then I am on a huge 6'6" board so pumping and turning is limited by the board size as much as the fuselage.
adam2

by JonathanP » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:46 pm

Hey Richie,

I've tried pumping with the surf fuselage and a kite foil board. I didn't manage to get very far, but for me I think the issue was that the foil was too far forward on the board I had. Also, I think some people run the stabilizer upside-down for more lift when letting the board rise up. The 84 probably pumps better, but really high aspect wings seem to work much more efficiently.
JonathanP

Previous

Return to Windsurfing