Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Uncivilized afternoon wind Tuesday

Windsurfing shop talk

by 8mdude » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:14 pm

Uncivilized SW wind in the forecast so I’ve packed my 2.5^m sail + 74 L board. And 5^m kite + surf board
8mdude
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:36 am

by Roxstock » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:07 pm

Hope it is a forecast that delivers this time. Schedule cleared and ready to chase wind.
Roxstock
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:22 pm

by Alton » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:16 pm

Looks pretty epic SW Tuesday afternoon

CYVR Vancouver
TAF Forecasted Oct 12 7:38 pm
Mon 8pm E 8
Mon 11pm E 10g20
Tue 1am E 15g25
Tue 9am-11am SSW 15g30
Tue 11am SSW 15g30
Tue 3pm-5pm W 20g30
Tue 5pm W 20g30
Tue 7pm-9pm W 10g20


G-Spot-pleasuring-your-world.jpg
G-Spot-pleasuring-your-world.jpg (22.44 KiB) Viewed 522 times


igetwind_east-beach.png
igetwind_east-beach.png (55 KiB) Viewed 522 times
Last edited by Alton on Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Alton
 
Posts: 5544
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 am

by Alton » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:20 pm

Question for White Rock resident kiters (Rob / Jeff) ...

How difficult is it to launch and land a kite at high tide tomorrow (Tuesday 4.1m / 13.5 ft) ?

Last time I spotted new rocks at East Beach so I'm not familiar with the new launching procedure.
User avatar
Alton
 
Posts: 5544
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 am

by 8mdude » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:07 pm

Question is where. SB FT WR? Leaning towards SB
8mdude
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:36 am

by shmish » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:14 pm

Apres work for me at Jericho tomorrow 3:30 ish. Or Acadia if I think I can launch without falling or wrecking my gear on rocks and boulders.
shmish
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:52 pm

by cwincald » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:19 pm

Alton, it will certainly be a bit of a sketchy launch later in the afternoon. The main problem recently has been seaweed rather than rocks. We have been finding that you need two helpers, one for kite and another to keep the lines free of the eel grass. With 13+ feet of water there won’t be much beach and your best bet might be to the east by the native parking lot rather than at the Bear.
cwincald
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:39 pm

by 8mdude » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:21 pm

Blocked my work calendar in afternoon to do not disturb Hehehe
8mdude
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:36 am

by Alton » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:35 pm

cwincald wrote:Alton, it will certainly be a bit of a sketchy launch later in the afternoon. The main problem recently has been seaweed rather than rocks. We have been finding that you need two helpers, one for kite and another to keep the lines free of the eel grass. With 13+ feet of water there won’t be much beach and your best bet might be to the east by the native parking lot rather than at the Bear.

Thanks Chalmers. Hope to see you on the water tomorrow. Hopefully the wind will arrive earlier (like noon) before high tide becomes challenging
User avatar
Alton
 
Posts: 5544
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:09 am

by cwincald » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:14 pm

Whoa, the numbers that are appearing tonight for the forecast tomorrow are getting scary big. I’m now thinking that launching anywhere on East Beach is going to be pretty risky especially in the afternoon. From the sound of it the water could be up to the tracks!!
cwincald
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:39 pm

Next

Return to Windsurfing

cron