Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Nice video about Slalom Fins

Windsurfing shop talk

by Pavel » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:58 pm

Pavel

by mjamero » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:24 am

Fantastic video! Most thorough fin information on YouTube. Thanks for sharing Pavel. Well timed. I am looking to purchase my first carbon slalom fin over the winter. Carbon slalom fin shopping is a whole other baffling (and pricey :shock: ) world in windsurfing. I'm at the stage in my windsurfing progression that I am starting to "feel" my fin more and I can tell my G10 slalom fin is not cutting it anymore with my new board.
mjamero

by Pavel » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:39 pm

That’s great. It would be interesting to hear what you decide to get, and how the whole process works. From what I heard a lot of them are custom made, and require to be sanded to to fit perfectly.
Pavel

by mjamero » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:54 am

Pavel wrote:That’s great. It would be interesting to hear what you decide to get, and how the whole process works. From what I heard a lot of them are custom made, and require to be sanded to to fit perfectly.

I just pulled the trigger and ordered my first carbon slalom fin! I went with Z FINS. I've got an SLM 44 S- on the way from Timo. This "should" match up nicely with my 129 (80) Falcon TE and 8.6 NX. Fingers crossed this will help me get more out of my gear and sailing this season. Timo was very helpful. He said a good carbon slalom fin like this will be night and day to the G10 slalom I've been using.
mjamero

Return to Windsurfing