Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Starboard SuperCruiser

Windsurfing shop talk

by shmish » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:22 am

That 1100 wing does sound pretty good, I bet you'll really enjoy it.

My Fanatic has a deep tuttle box so most foils will work with it. I think I read in some of Neil Pryde's promo literature that they touted their shorter wingspan foils as working better with narrower freeride boards because a longer wingspan could need more leverage. I have no idea if that's really a thing or not.
shmish

by ZeroR2 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:38 am

shmish wrote:
My Fanatic has a deep tuttle box so most foils will work with it.

Just to make things interesting, the box is a Cobra 67 and actually called a medium parallel tuttle box. Advertising vs. Reality. At least that was on the 2018 models. Haven't actually measured it on the newer ones. Just fun facts.
ZeroR2

by grantmac » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:02 am

shmish wrote:That 1100 wing does sound pretty good, I bet you'll really enjoy it.

My Fanatic has a deep tuttle box so most foils will work with it. I think I read in some of Neil Pryde's promo literature that they touted their shorter wingspan foils as working better with narrower freeride boards because a longer wingspan could need more leverage. I have no idea if that's really a thing or not.

My experience is that board width is more relative to sail size. I know a lighter sailor using a 90L kite race board which is maybe 65cm wide with a Starboard Millennium 1000mm wing and small sails.

The NP wings have a lot of droop in the tip which makes them very carvey and I think also more suitable to a narrower board. The flip side is they don't have the stability to work well with bigger sails. You can't really load them up which I think along with the shorter masts keeps pressure off the fin box.

Their foils are actually wider span than the equivalent Slingshot wing.
grantmac

by Richi » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:36 pm

telus022420 wrote:I know of one person who bought a 2020 Wizard and SS 76 package. It was delivered from Windance (USA) to Vancouver (CDN) had to pay GST&PST but no duty.

You wouldn't happen to know who he used as a courier? United post parcel service?

I have a neilpryde foil that has been sitting in point Roberts for months, I'm giving up on the border ever opening. I'm thinking of shipping it again, but hoping to not get killed on all the fees like everyone else.

Hope to see everyone foiling at Jericho this summer. Cheers, Rich
Richi

by shmish » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:30 am

NP glide m would be $1450 after exchange and taxes (they told me free shipping), Slingshot i76 from silent sports is $1640 after gst and shipping, Moses from Sailworks would be $1980 after exchange, shipping and taxes.

And I also have a wetsuit that’s been sitting in Blaine since March.
shmish

by telus022420 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:30 pm

Delivery company Fedex. I didn't ask if there was a brokerage charge.
telus022420

Previous

Return to Windsurfing