Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Maui spring break 2019

Windsurfing shop talk

by Chuck » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:27 pm

[/quote]

Killing it Brah!!!!

Your time at Kanaha is paying off!!

Great video, nice hits, can’t wait to see you unleash the aerials!!!!
:D :D :D

The DTL Force is strong in this one....
Chuck

by Bryanl » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:48 pm

Hi Michael
Please PM me - been looking for you at Lowers.
May take me a while to answer - having E Mail problems - new Router coming
Thanx
Bryan
Bryanl

by Michael » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:55 am

Bryanl wrote:Hi Michael
Please PM me - been looking for you at Lowers.
Done!

Chuck wrote:
Killing it Brah!!!!

Your time at Kanaha is paying off!!

Great video, nice hits, can’t wait to see you unleash the aerials!!!!
:D :D :D

The DTL Force is strong in this one....

Thanks Chuck!!
Sailed like a PRO today, broke a mast and got a jet ski rescue!! :lol:
Big sets, weird wind and too many people. Had some great moments but waves were massive at times and closing out. Check out the one below, it's a strange pic and hard to see but I'm sideways, on a pretty much vertical face, I was going up for a top turn and saw it breaking. All I could do was stare up at the lip and pray I would make it, I did. :shock:
No good video today as my cam was not set up well, I did get an hour of my rig floating in the break while the rescue guy went and rescue another person after dropping me off. He finally found my rig all the way down past the end of kite beach still out near the impact zone. Thanks to Richard from trying to help but I was stuck in the impact zone and he couldn't close to me. I swam for 20 minutes and thought I was getting somewhere but just kept getting sucked back out into the break. Sure was glad to see that jet ski. :D :D 2 trashed sails and one broken mast in 2 days. More fun tomorrow.
P.S. I know Adrien is looking at my hand movement and shaking his head so I had to post a shot of my bottom turn with my hand actually moved far down the boom. :D Starting working more on that today before the carnage. Wish you guys were here!!
Attachments
Handback.jpg
# photo Bottom Turn
Handback.jpg (694.59 KiB) Viewed 13747 times
Big.jpg
# photo Big
Big.jpg (451.44 KiB) Viewed 13747 times
Michael

by Michael » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:57 am

george wrote:Outstanding wave and ride Michael! You were right there and nailed it. Thanks for the video, we should all have a ride like that in our back pocket. Keep the stoke coming.

Thanks George, I got a bit of surfing in yesterday morning as well, would be fun to get out with you guys at Seaside sometime, I could use a few pointers. :D
Michael

by Michael » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:07 am

Day 3, smaller waves and some crazy gusty side off shore wind. Almost nothing at the beach and lit on the outside. 10g30 4.7/102L, board was too much when the wind was on but there were big lulls, like 5 minutes with 10 knots, and then I was glad I had it. Waves were also not as nice, you could get 1 or 2 hits and then they would close out. Still managed to get a few good ones but it was a lot of work finding them and when a good set came there were 10 guys waiting. A few shots from the day....
Thanks Dave finally got Flickr set up! :D
https://flic.kr/s/aHskPYsGFB

and a short video.
Michael

by C36 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:44 pm

8-) Nice flo bro! Day 1 looks uber fun and great to hear the WoooHooo at the end. :D :D :D

Love the "oh crap" over the shoulder body language in that shot in the shadow of the monster lip. :twisted: :D ;)

Thanks for the Day 3 FlickR gallery! 8-) Looking forward to the 'release' of the Day 3 video. :?

Enjoying the virtual rides from afar. :D :D :D
C36

by Michael » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:33 am

C36 wrote: Nice flo bro!

Thanks Dave, video should work now.

Last day was crazy windy, lit out of my mind on the 4.7 110L combo, way too much board and crazy chop on the wave face made for some really interesting rides and crashes. Almost packed it in but ran into Linda, Matt's assistant, at the beach and her and her husband talked me into sticking it out but moving down towards life guard tower where the waves were smaller but much cleaner. I'm glad they did as it was much better down there and I ended up staying out for another hour and a half until the wind came up to 35 knots around 5. Caught a bunch of waves, not 7 hitters like the first day, a few 5s though, with fun powered up smacks! Wind was super steady though and not so off shore. Felt like the Cape out there today not Maui, super fun for my last day sailing. :D
Michael

by Ryan » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:33 pm

Thanks for posting Michael, you're looking really good in that video.
Ryan

by Michael » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:00 am

Ryan wrote:Thanks for posting Michael, you're looking really good in that video.

Thanks Ryan, hope to see you on the Oregon Coast this June. :!:
Michael

by C36 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:04 pm

Michael wrote:Thanks Dave, video should work now.

:D Got it.

Michael wrote:Last day was crazy windy, lit out of my mind on the 4.7 110L combo, way too much board and crazy chop on the wave face made for some really interesting rides and crashes. Almost packed it in but ran into Linda, Matt's assistant, at the beach and her and her husband talked me into sticking it out but moving down towards life guard tower where the waves were smaller but much cleaner. I'm glad they did as it was much better down there and I ended up staying out for another hour and a half until the wind came up to 35 knots around 5. Caught a bunch of waves, not 7 hitters like the first day, a few 5s though, with fun powered up smacks! Wind was super steady though and not so off shore. Felt like the Cape out there today not Maui, super fun for my last day sailing. :D

Big smile! :D :D :D
C36

PreviousNext

Return to Windsurfing