Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Wind!

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:25 pm

Simon wrote:
Michael wrote:Boundary Bay looks good... 13g24 kts. eta 8ish.

Thumbs up for your dedication Michael, watch out for ice flows :D

Thanks Simon, Challenging day, over powered on the 4.7, big waves and gloves but no ice flow. :D Sailed solo for the first half then one kiter showed up. First time I've used the gloves this winter and it was hard to get used to, but too cold not to. Felt really out of sync with everything, then re-rigged to the 4.3 and it was perfect. Got used to the gloves and was dialled. Really nice waves and spacing for the first hour, then there was a sudden shift and tank. Was stuck way outside and no wind, freaked out, way too cld to be swimming, then the wind picked up but SW, made it back to shore and was looking at a long walk back. Then the wind switched back SSE and cranked, fully powered on the 4.3, things flattened out on the inside with the tide drop but there were some nice waves on the outside. A little nervous to be going back out there but the wind was solid, sailed another hour and a half, 2 backloop attempts, chickened out on an awesome ramp early, massive but started breaking just as I was about to hit it and lost my nerve. Legs started cramping, feet were numb, wind started to shift, called it a day, but a fun day. :D
Michael

by tweegster » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:13 pm

Well played Michael.
tweegster

by Michael » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:38 am

Things just picked up in Boundary Bay. SSE 14g21 kts...... I'm going to wait and see what it does.
Michael

Previous

Return to Windsurfing