Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Gale is back in town!

Windsurfing shop talk

by C36 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Gale. Mike was first on the water and said small gear was in order. Ryan was stoked. I let out a WooHoo!!! when I saw the rolling water. Tsawwassen lost 20 degrees (but still sailed no gloves, as did I), wave height and steady wind, but still seemed to be having fun. First time using my Evo 74 since the south Oregon coast (when I set the footstraps for boots I saw all the sand come out (and shed a small inner tear). Dallas joined in. Tide was high and there was some wood in the water, but most of it right in the shore break. Nice to get to one small set-up for the whole session (3.4/74) and it was comfy for the most part, with some mean-spirited stints. Some smoothies and some moments, but just as it looked like it was going to be 'magic' the pain started, eased and then steadied. Felt a bit like 'send-it-Tuesday' - lots of ramps to choose from and lots of power to jump as high as you dared (saw Tsawwassen stab a nice high jump near the end - looked much better). Mike also commented that Tsawwassen's wave sailing had more 'flow'. Looks like the 'training' in Maui paid off. A solid offering for sure.

Pre-Session OSR
Gallery (better for mobile devices)
Slideshow
C36

by Alton » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:20 am

Timed it perfectly. I waited all morning at McDonalds for the wind to become civlized. 8mdude and I caught the last hour at 3rd Ave before it clocked west. Nicely powered on 7m + surfboard in SSE 25 g 30. Totally disorganized inside but smooth and clean chest high waves outside for some awesome wave rides.

Boundary_Bay_Tue_Dec_11.gif
Boundary_Bay_Tue_Dec_11.gif (31.21 KiB) Viewed 4913 times
Alton

by Mike » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:13 am

Alton - glad you got out when it was "civilized" ( a mere 25g30).

Rest of this week looks like much potential but some questions of timing, direction and contradiction (marine forecast vs others??). Looks like one will have to be "on stand by" making it hard to maintain a "committed" status :twisted:
Mike

by Ryancr500 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:57 am

Yesterday was a fun day. I got to the beach to see Mike coming off the water. Pretty high tide with some decent sized logs rolling on the shore but not nearly as bad as some of the Big Waves were visible everywhere. Mike said he was barely hanging on to his 3.7M, so I decided to rig the same. It was one of those launches where you had to navigate some decent breaking waves right off the shore and get into the straps asap. I could barely keep the board in the water. Once I was a little further out, waves were really clean. Wind was so intense I was barely able to jibe on the outside. Lots my gear once bailing from a big air and had to body surf a wave just to reach it.
Great Pics Dave, always appreciated
Ryancr500

Previous

Return to Windsurfing