Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Monday/Tuesday Long Beach Video

Windsurfing shop talk

by Michael » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:21 am

ShonanDB wrote:That looks like fun! Warm enough to go barefoot?

Thanks Darrel, you would have loved it! Day one was hard work but ya warm enough to go barefoot, mind you Tuesday my feet were numb.

Michael wrote:
C36 wrote:S2 - Long Beach – wavesailing (2018 May 28)

Thanks for the great pictures as usual Dave. That was an awesome trip! Party wave was a great way to finish things off.

A few moments captured on the gopro.

C36 wrote:S2 - Long Beach – wavesailing (2018 May 28)

Sea Otters. Wind was on early (blowing sand on the beach upon arrival). Nelson Matt was first to take to the water (first session wavesailing ground swell ever and he did well). Myself, BWD and Udder followed. Early waves were clean, soft and open. Shared a very memorable party wave with Udder - team orange was all smiles! Saw what I thought was a seal swimming on his back (turned out to be a Sea Otter - happy creature enjoying the sun and waves). DavidM, Hiyosilver, Tsawwassen, Redbaron, and BFD joined in for the peak of the wind. Felt a bit like Bandon with some Cape-like gusts on the outside at times. Sized down to 4.5/92 when I bounced out of bottom turns on two consecutive waves (and then got folded and washed). Lots of rides on offer. Wind was so strong it was slamming van doors in Lot 5. One mast broken (Nelson Matt) and one sail damaged (Hiyosilver) - small offerings for great sessions. Tales and ales, and lots of laughter shared by all the Sea Otters over dinner at Jamie’s and record crowd at the second spur. Even saw the glass bottle cabin.

Gallery (better for mobile devices)
Slideshow

S3 - Long Beach – wavesailing (2018 May 29)

Seconds. Second day on the Oregon coast or at least that’s what it felt like. Got to play in the ‘adult pool’ today. Big crew again today plus Riley and Brass Munkey. First out on SUP, wind-SUP, then windsurf (now I know how Matt felt yesterday – solo session). Some memorable early catches (jibes on the face) including a growler of a left that impressed surfer, mid-session bomb, and a few clean rights near Lovekin. Gusty but I’ll gladly take it. Hung onto the big gear all day today. Cedars, then photo editing at the laundromat. Good times!

Gallery (better for mobile devices)
Slideshow
Michael

Return to Windsurfing