Weather Talk For BC no matter what you ride

Let's talk about foiling

Windsurfing shop talk

by telus022420 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:01 pm

telus022420

by grantmac » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:43 pm

The slingshot is a medium Tuttle, also known as Chinook Tuttle. It is about 4mm too tall for regular boxes. I've machined a plate to adapt mine to a regular box and its working ok.

Personally I won't use the 6mm adapters after losing my foil to one breaking. Instead I've machined it to take standard 13mm fin inserts and have over 100 trouble free hours on that. They should have done it from the factory.

I'm selling my Slingshot setup modified like that if you're interested. Comes with a virtually new Infinity 76.
grantmac

by ZeroR2 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:39 pm

grantmac, here is kind of an update on what I have (never talked about it online).

I picked up a package (sale) Dialer 145 & foil. I will be using that for myself. Good starter board. My son (15) can use the board on windy days as a free ride slalom board (not ideal, but gets it done for now).

My plan for next year is to get a shorter board for myself (have a used 145 liter Fanatic Blast LTD / foil capable) in mind. I want to get another foil to pair it with that board. Low wind days, I would use the Slingshot and my son the Fanatic Blast with foil. Reason is that I think the Slingshot is better for my weight (box/board/screws) than the Blast and is cheaper if it breaks.

Yes, I might be interested in your setup. Naturally the 84 wing is what I need now, but the 76 is valuable in the future.

Send me a PM for pricing. I need to think about it and right now (this year) I spent so much $$$ on boards, sails, mast, boom, extension... you don't even want to know the amount. I am just getting back into the sport (gone 15 years).
ZeroR2

by BigD » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:15 pm

What are you upgrading to grantmac? Carbon?

grantmac wrote:The slingshot is a medium Tuttle, also known as Chinook Tuttle. It is about 4mm too tall for regular boxes. I've machined a plate to adapt mine to a regular box and its working ok.

Personally I won't use the 6mm adapters after losing my foil to one breaking. Instead I've machined it to take standard 13mm fin inserts and have over 100 trouble free hours on that. They should have done it from the factory.

I'm selling my Slingshot setup modified like that if you're interested. Comes with a virtually new Infinity 76.
BigD

by grantmac » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:44 pm

I'm finding myself foiling less now that I'm in Victoria. In an effort to build a very compact quiver I'm going with a 109L Skate as my biggest board for most of the year. It has a powerbox and I'm not a fan of adapters. So I'm taking a side-step of sorts with a NP Glide.
Also I'm more interested in carving and playing on swells than going fast so their big wing pairs much better with a narrow board from what I've seen, I think because it has less roll stability so you need less leverage.
I haven't ridden one yet so that could be conjecture. I'm waiting to see what their 2020 packages have before committing. Plus this time of year I don't really foil at all so I'm not in a hurry and I'd like to sell the Slingshot first.
grantmac

by adam2 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:54 pm

Here's what happens when you try having fun in Vancouver:
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/foilboa ... rUUy8.link
adam2

by ezzylover » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:45 am

adam2 wrote:Here's what happens when you try having fun in Vancouver:
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/foilboa ... rUUy8.link

Are you effing serious !
Self propelled foil boards not allowed in Canada!?
VPD had really nothing else to do that day, like let's say catch criminals and drug dealers ?
ezzylover

by keeldude » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Outlawing motorized foilboards seems asinine. I can understand why they would ask to see your pleasure craft operators card and watercraft registration, but I fail to see why they wouldn't issue registration for such a craft. The greatest risk of harm or damage to flora/fauna/landscape is to yourself. I'm sure more people are injured or run over by jetskis. I hope they return his equipment after 'investigating' or having their own turn on it.
keeldude

by ezzylover » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:17 pm

Apparently the reason ( I heard on the news) is just because transport canada has not made a decision yet on how to authorize / regulate such vehicle .....
ezzylover

by tweegster » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:35 pm

So any activity is illegal unless specifically authorized by our most glorious leader? :?

Technically, I guess it is a PWC-ish and looks to be exceeding speed limits.. that were created to limit wake....

:lol: please let common sense win here.
tweegster

PreviousNext

Return to Windsurfing